Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayers
Level 7

New Roku soundbar overrides Roku smart TV

Jump to solution

I just received a Roku smart soundbar as a gift and installed it with my TCL 6-series Roku smart TV. I did the auto setup using the remote that came with the soundbar, and not my Roku TV remote. The TV recognized the soundbar when I plugged it into the HDMI-ARC port and turned it on; however, it seems that the soundbar menu has overridden the TV menu. Many of the channels I previously installed on my Roku TV do not appear on the channel grid, and more importantly, the inputs for non-Roku devices (HDMI-1, HDMI-2, antenna, etc.) don't appear on the grid any longer so I am unable to see any over-the-air channels using my antenna. The setup menu also asked me to create a new Roku account so I may now have two accounts(?) When I disconnected the soundbar from my TV it reverted back to all my previous TV settings. 

How do I reconnect the soundbar so that the TV controls the soundbar, and not the other way around?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: New Roku soundbar overrides Roku smart TV

Jump to solution

When you use the soundbar remote it will take you to soundbar home screen, just stop using the soundbar remote put it away. Take your Roku tv remote and press the Home button you will instantly taken to the tv home screen that has your input tiles. You can bounce back and forth by pressing the home button on each remote. Set the theme for each roku to a different one, turn off the seasonal theme in the rokus settings.  So that way you will know for sure what home screen you're actually on. If you want the roku soundbar set to the same account you will have to do factory reset of it, either through its menu or pressing reset button on the back of it then start over this time sign in to your roku tv account. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

When you use the soundbar remote it will take you to soundbar home screen, just stop using the soundbar remote put it away. Take your Roku tv remote and press the Home button you will instantly taken to the tv home screen that has your input tiles. You can bounce back and forth by pressing the home button on each remote. Set the theme for each roku to a different one, turn off the seasonal theme in the rokus settings.  So that way you will know for sure what home screen you're actually on. If you want the roku soundbar set to the same account you will have to do factory reset of it, either through its menu or pressing reset button on the back of it then start over this time sign in to your roku tv account. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

rayers
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much! I'll put the soundbar remote away to avoid confusion.

0 Kudos