Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thotbocks

New Roku Wireless Speakers only one side outputs sound

Ive connected (and re-connected 10x) my freshly delivered Roku TV Wireless Speakers to my  Roku TV TCL 7130x 50" 4k.

Both speaker units are functioning:

-they power up and run through voice prompts

-they pair and sync with flashing lights and manual resets operational

-they each output the test sound and indicate connection

However as soon as the demo sound video starts (and thereafter) only one speaker outputs sound.

I've performed 10 factory resets on the speakers and 2 factory resets on the TV. No change.

When the working speaker is unplugged while sound plays, the other speaker starts working with no fail.

When the unplugged speaker is plugged back in it either takes over the output exclusively or does not output at all until a factory reset and re-pairing.

Please assist. I'm not looking forward to sending these back and hope there is a software fix for this. I'm at my wit's end.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New Roku Wireless Speakers only one side outputs sound

@thotbocks 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Goudrjj

Was there any fix to this one side only speaker issue? Mine's doing the same.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Goudrjj 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sbwaller

Danny I am having the same issue. Please advise on how to get audio from both speakers. 
@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sbwaller

Thanks for the post.

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue? Have you tried repairing your speakers to see if that helps?

For more information about how to pair your Roku Wireless Speakers, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® wireless speakers?

If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know and I'll be able to pass your information along to our Support team who can further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Is there a fix for this? My speakers are now doing this 😕 I have factory reset TV and speakers multiple times and nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @oldmanizzle,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos