Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveCr
Channel Surfer

Re: New Roku Streambar - wired ethernet port?

Jump to solution

Hi.

Just bought a UGreen USB 2.0 to RJ45, that has the AX88772 chipset. This works fine. Just plugged it in and Network under Settings showed a choice of Wired or Wireless. Clicked on Wired to select. A little bit of a shame that you can't fix the IP address but it all works nonetheless.

Regards Steve

0 Kudos
SteveCr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

UGreen part number is 20253.

0 Kudos
stuthill1106
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you. I was really hoping to avoid using an adapter but if it works well, then I will try it.

0 Kudos
stuthill1106
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Would a Gigabit adapter work?

0 Kudos
Enelsonmo

Jump to solution

Not according to their support page. I used one of the recommended 10/100 adapters and that works fine. I get download speeds of 90 Mbps with the adaptor. It would have been nice to be able to use a 10/100/1000 adaptor but it does not work.

gpn005

Jump to solution

Why don't you support gigabit ethernet adapters? It's 2021! Are you that cheap your hardware won't support faster adapters? I can understand on a stick due to limited space and power but this is a large devices not relying on USB power. At least add WiFi 6 chips to your devices. Don't become Apple and sell old devices like they're modern.

stuthill1106
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree. I pay for a 1Gig Internet connection but the best I can get with the adapter or the wifi on my sound bar is 80-92 Mbs.

0 Kudos
lwatterworth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"Find an adapter that has an AX8817X or SMSC95XX"

Then includes a link to the pluggable USB 2.0, which has an AX88772 chipset, which does not work.

0 Kudos
stuthill1106
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is terrible. The streambar should include an ethernet port. I pay for 1gig internet but the best this can get is under 100Mb

0 Kudos
Tirebiter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Absolutely ridiculous that the Streambar doesn't have it's own Wired Ethernet connection like the Premier or Ultra. Fire those engineers.