Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mscully
Channel Surfer

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

File a claim with TCL customer service. They will send out a tech to change out the power board. 

JW7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku TCL Tv is having the same issue.  Never Ending Recovery Mode.  It doesnt give an error code, it just goes back to "Language" and continues to "Internet" then the code input I have also tried the USB load - nothing seems to work - this TV is stuck.

My latest try was to push the reset button for 30 seconds, allow it to come back to the Language screen in Recovery Mode and unplug it.

This happened last October/November and I unplugged it for a week, plugged it back in and it worked fine.  This time, I have no idea what to do.  You cant get to the factory reset option as it is stuck in this Recovery Mode.

Please ROKU - Help!

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@JW7 wrote:

You cant get to the factory reset option as it is stuck in this Recovery Mode.

There should be a pinhole reset button on the back of the tv. I've read different ways to use it. My TCL manual says to press it with a paperclip for about 12 seconds. When the reset cycle is complete, the status indicator (white light on the front?) turns dim.

It's unclear if this is to be done with the tv on or off. I've read to hold it until the status indicator flashes. (Also, someone said they fixed this problem by unplugging the tv, holding the reset button while plugging the tv back in, continuing to hold it until the light flashed. I don't know if these variations make a difference. Probably not.).

There is another problem where the mac address is all zeroes. It sounded similar to the looping recovery mode. In that case, people had to use a different network. The Roku system gets stuck in a corrupted network state, can't connect to the network people have. Rebooting the wifi might help. Using an RJ45 network cable to connect might help. But, more than once, taking the tv elsewhere to use a different network fixed the problem. You might try that.

Roku has not acknowledged there is a problem, or that it has any priority. The mac addr problem has existed for a very long time. So, don't expect anything to get better soon.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
JW7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, Visitor45763,

The Reset button was used several times.  As well as connecting to another network and resetting the wireless router.  I also used the USB option to avoid the wifi aspect of the TV - the MAC Address is fine.

I did call Roku and they immediately sent an email to which i will reply with screen shots of the issue, the receipt of the purchase and the serial number badge.

This is likely a combination of elements that without tools and knowledge an accountant can't solve.

BD7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem but nothing works. Can't even get remote to work to get to settings

0 Kudos
Anna8
Channel Surfer

Re: Recovery loop TCL 50" Roku

Jump to solution

I had exactly the same problem - never ending recovery loop.  TCL send me some parts,  and technician who replaced a main board. Next day was the same issue. I started to read other people problems and I came to conclusion: TV as a hardware is fine, just the software doesn't work anymore. Roku and TCL has a kind of crack.

My solution for recovery loop:

I restarted TV and just did not connect it to my Internet. I got one of these not expensive original Roku sticks from Amazon, put into HDMI port and I made a set up using my Roku account. Streaming goes through the stick - not through TCL. The same result. I saved  my 65" nice screen.

The main idea of my solution is- If you can not win with something -just omit that.

And by the way- cable box was  connected to my TV all the time. I have  no problems at all,  and together with  the Roku stick  works perfectly. Good Luck! 

Jozfdbeast

Jump to solution

HI EVERYONE, I FAVED THIS SAME ISSUE TRUST ME, i did all these things u name it, atlast i fixed it, follow these steps exactly u get ur tv back to life!

1:- tv is in recovery mode, put wifi password let it reset, after 100% ur tv light flashes, and it displays tcl rolu tv two times! 
2:- after that tv comes into the original new form, select ur language, thats it it will ask for ur wifi password, dont put it, instead there will be an option somewhere, to factory reset ur tv, click dat, after sometime put an email id to activate ur tv! After dat follow the imstruction give in ur activation mail, then voila its ready, 

0 Kudos
Lindsie

Jump to solution

I have reset the modem and the tv. I have switched internet's as well. However I am still stuck in recovery mode. I have tried to hit the reset button hold it for 30 second leave the tv unugged overnight, go through the whole recovery mode and still no fix!!! If you have an email I will email a picture of what's happening.

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Lindsie, I would do what Anna8 did (2 posts above). Go back to the version of software the tv came with & never connect the tv to the internet. You can still watch antenna tv & watch streaming through HDMI. 

If you look through past pages of problems on this forum, Roku rarely fixes anything. (This thread was started 3 months ago and still no acknowledgement from Roku that there is a problem, or what to expect, let alone that it's even being worked on. That's the common theme when you look back at old threads. Customers are left wondering/hoping/stewing in silence, wasting their time when the company could absolutely care less.). 

$22 USD gets you an Amazon Firestick Lite. I've never used one. I have one on the way because my goal is to never depend so much on a company like Roku. I'd like my tv to be it's own device, and streaming its own device, etc. Having it all "bundled" is like the predatory cable companies who didn't care for their customers either. It's just a way to lock people in, with fewer choices. Roku's as bad as any cable company I heard of. So, cut the cord 2.0. No more Mad Hatter untested updates. No more problem reports treated like recommendations (casually passed along, and never hear anything more). Roku doesn't appreciate you. So, move on. (They continued pushing 9.4.0 out for months, and still are. Even after all the reports of problems. They care nothing about your experience.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Hannahdebrito
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having this issue and I spoke to two different reps and they both are horrible. None of them were able to help me. They refuse to send a technician out to help me just because I don’t have a paper recipt of my purchase from almost a year ago... I’ve moved twice since I purchased this tv. I asked if I could pay to have someone come and help me and they refused. I have had this recovery mood loop on my screen for several days and none of the steps they provided help.