Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rileybutton
Reel Rookie

How to fix Roku TCL TV that's stuck on recovery mode screen

Jump to solution

So i have had my Roku TCL 6’5 inch tv for maybe a year. (I honestly don’t even think it was a year but just to be on the safe side).

I have the purple never ending Recovery Mode screen. it keeps restarting itself every few seconds, the white light keeps flashing, going off... I was able to connect my wifi, and even got to 100% when updating, but when it says restart, it goes right back.

I have tried everything! holding the reset button, in plugging waiting, you name it i tried it based off of the “little” help i seen online. For some odd reason so many people have this problem but there is no clear answer on how to fix this. This has got to be the worse tv i have ever gotten. I have had no support from TCL, no support from Roku. i don’t know what to do.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix Roku TCL TV that's stuck on recovery mode screen

Jump to solution

@rileybutton @Lemons2lemonad 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your Roku TV to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating your TV. Then once your TV has been updated, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

Lemons2lemonad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did a reset by holding the button for 30 seconds and then leaving the TV unplugged for 2 hours. I then did a factory reset from the settings menu. Once I started it over it updated and now it is fine. Though it had to go through the whole set up again. I think this is an update issue. Once the new patch downloaded everything was fine. 

View solution in original post

222 REPLIES 222
Lemons2lemonad
Reel Rookie

Re: Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem! I wish I could fix it. 🥺

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rileybutton @Lemons2lemonad 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your Roku TV to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating your TV. Then once your TV has been updated, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Benniecarr

Jump to solution

I've done all that and it still doesn't work

Lemons2lemonad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did a reset by holding the button for 30 seconds and then leaving the TV unplugged for 2 hours. I then did a factory reset from the settings menu. Once I started it over it updated and now it is fine. Though it had to go through the whole set up again. I think this is an update issue. Once the new patch downloaded everything was fine. 

Carol1408

Jump to solution

I am trying all of this too. What a headache

mscully
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

this is insane. it's after 1am here and Im trying to fix this issue. I noticed the purple recovery mode screen earlier but was too busy to fix it. 

Loyat_2a_T

Jump to solution

I had to have a technician fix it. I did all the resets in my own and none worked.  TCL has 1 year warranty and fixed my TV for free and only took 10 min.  I scheduled an appt for the tv to be fixed and it was only 3 day wait

Jilly1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. It’s so frustrating. & roku isn’t answering calls due to COVID?! Huh? Lol. 🙄

mscully
Channel Surfer

Re: UPDATE! Never ending Recovery Mode Screen

Jump to solution

update since my last post:

I followed the instructions from RokuDanny-R above and it worked."We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV"

I unplugged my wireless modem & Roku TV and allowed them both to reboot. It worked!