Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JIK
Channel Surfer

Re: Network Issues with Insignia Roku TV

Jump to solution

The TV worked with the prior router on both 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies. The new router is supposed to transmit on both without each being separate.

The TV did connect after a full factory reset, but lost the connection after a brief period of time (about a day), and now won’t reconnect even with another factory reset. That being the case, I don’t think the security protocol is the problem.

0 Kudos
JIK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Download the User guide for my router. Security is set to WPA2 by default. I’ll have to try and switch it to see if it makes a difference. I’ll try and see if I can switch it to WPA/WPA2 Personal(PSK) like yours.

I’ll post the outcome.

0 Kudos
JIK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The router does not allow access by the usual 192.168.1.1 address.

Had to break down and call my ISP tech support.

Told me that my model RokuTV (as well as many other devices) is not compatible with the new router.

To solve the problem, my ISP is shipping me a slightly older technology router model with specifications that will be supported by the TV.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JIK wrote:

The router does not allow access by the usual 192.168.1.1 address.

Had to break down and call my ISP tech support.

Told me that my model RokuTV (as well as many other devices) is not compatible with the new router.

To solve the problem, my ISP is shipping me a slightly older technology router model with specifications that will be supported by the TV.

Well, that's unusual. But if there's a good reason to have the newer router, you could always pick up a router from Best Buy or other such store and set it up as a wireless access point. Then you'd have complete control of your wireless network. I use a couple in my home in that manner, even though I have full access to my CenturyLink DSL router/modem. My CL box doesn't support 5 GHz, although I'm expecting a new modem soon.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JIK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just hope, at this point, that the new (older model) router will fix the WiFi problem.

If not, I’ll have no choice but to go out and buy one on my own as you suggest so wisely 🙂

Trying to avoid any unnecessary expenses right now...

Thanks atc98092!

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

I am having the same issue. I have a Verizon fios router. I have reset my router, and factory reset the tv. This happened Friday morning around 7am (almost 3 days). I have multiple devices connected to the WiFi including another roku tv. 

Roku TV : 7310X
Serial: YN00J3559510
Device ID: 8M679J559510

software : 9.3.0 build 4194-31

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mishihita1234 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? Did your Insignia TV connect to your network before or is this the first time you're connecting the TV?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your TV to another wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the TV can connect to that network? If it can connect to that network, and it is unable to connect to your home wireless network, it would mean there's an issue with your home network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bubbaq59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny,  I have determined that my problem is the wifi module.  I took the back off and unplugged the module and plugged it back in.  I left the screws out and plugged the tv back in and it worked.  It seen and connected to my network and I watched it for about 30 minutes on ROKU.  I unplugged the tv and put the screws back in, remounted it and turned it on and guess what...would not connect to the network.  NO MAC ADDRESS!  Is there anyway that I can get another WIFI Module?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Bubbaq59 wrote:

Danny,  I have determined that my problem is the wifi module.  I took the back off and unplugged the module and plugged it back in.  I left the screws out and plugged the tv back in and it worked.  It seen and connected to my network and I watched it for about 30 minutes on ROKU.  I unplugged the tv and put the screws back in, remounted it and turned it on and guess what...would not connect to the network.  NO MAC ADDRESS!  Is there anyway that I can get another WIFI Module?

That's great troubleshooting. But hardware support is by the manufacturer. Roku does not make the TVs, so you need to contact Insignia with your request. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Vrsinc

Jump to solution
0 Kudos