Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Network Issues with Insignia Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with my Insignia. It started off as a pretty irregular thing a few times a week at the end of 2019. Then, we bought a new Netgear CM1000 modem router combo and all other devices are running fine, accept the TV. This has gotten to the point where I have to restart  the system 4 -5 times just to get through a movie. It seems to happen a lot some nights, but other days it runs fine for a few hours. Lately though, it has been running worse than ever and we have issues several times throughout the day. I called our ISP twice to make sure our connection was strong and stable at about 50 MBPS download / 2 MBPS Upload, that seems to be enough. As other devices indicate they are all running streaming well, we never have this issue on our laptops, it definitely points to the TV. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roku TV Cannot connect to wireless

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Insignia TV. I can't connect to my wireless Wifi. I have rebooted the router and the TV and it won't connect.  Usually it can't find any networks, but when it does I put in my password and it can't connect.  My son has a Roku TV in his room and that is connecting.  I don't know what a Roku/Express premiere is.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kckevinwhite @Anonymous 

Thanks for the posts.

We would first recommend unplugging your Roku TV for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in to see if the issue is resolved as some customers have reported they were able to fix the issue doing that.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS ver/build
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-when did you start to experiencing this issue

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bubbaq59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

https://www.instructables.com/id/Fix-Bad-Mac-Address-on-ROKU-TV/

I performed this on my Insignia Roku TV and now it works.

0 Kudos
JIK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny R.,

Like the others, I too am having connectivity problems. Unlike the others, I know exactly when it happened, but don’t understand why or how to fix it.

My ISP recently updated my equipment from a Technicolor modem/router: model TC8715D to two separate pieces, Motorola Modem: model E31U2V1 and Sagemcom Router: model SAC2V2S.

Immediately, all my other devices in my apartment worked with the exception of my RokuTV. My ISP technical assistance was not able to help. They said it was a problem with the TV. The only way I can watch TV now is by connecting to the internet via my phone’s WiFi hotspot.

The details of my TV are:

Roku model number: 5315X

Insignia model: NS-39DR510NA17

Serial number: 2N00FJ077738

Software version: 9.3.0 • build 4194-12

Device ID: 6Y479F077738

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Joe

0 Kudos
Bubbaq59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Joe,

Are you saying that the tv will connect to the internet via hotspot but not thru your ISP?  If that is the case the problem is with the ISP and NOT the TV.

My issue was definitely the TV.  My MAC address was all Zeros.  I fixed to by soldering a wire on the metal sheilding case on the wifi board and grounding that wire to the metal frame that the other boards mounted to.

My TV would not connect to the internet either way before the fix.

0 Kudos
JIK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Bubbaq59.

Yes, that is what I am saying. With the swapping out to newer router and modem, all of a sudden the RokuTV is unable to connect to the WiFi (although when I use the app from my ISP to check the status it shows the TV as being connected). Very strange.

The big difference between the old and new equipment besides being two separate pieces instead of one is that the old unit transmitted two separate frequencies with two separate SSID’s while the new equipment supposedly does switching between the two frequencies automatically with just on SSID.

Joe

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JIK wrote:

Bubbaq59.

Yes, that is what I am saying. With the swapping out to newer router and modem, all of a sudden the RokuTV is unable to connect to the WiFi (although when I use the app from my ISP to check the status it shows the TV as being connected). Very strange.

The big difference between the old and new equipment besides being two separate pieces instead of one is that the old unit transmitted two separate frequencies with two separate SSID’s while the new equipment supposedly does switching between the two frequencies automatically with just on SSID.

Joe

Did your WiFi password change, and does it now contain special characters (@ # $ % etc,)? If so, that's the likely culprit. Roku WiFi doesn't have some of those characters in their functionality. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JIK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No. My password is all numbers. No special characters at all.

Just very strange that with the updated equipment, a TV that isn’t even 3 years old would suddenly not be able to connect to a WiFi network that it clearly sees when it scans for available networks.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JIK wrote:

No. My password is all numbers. No special characters at all.

Just very strange that with the updated equipment, a TV that isn’t even 3 years old would suddenly not be able to connect to a WiFi network that it clearly sees when it scans for available networks.

OK, next thought. Any idea if the new network is 5 GHz only? Or perhaps they have the 2.4 GHz radio disabled? There are a lot of Roku devices (TVs and players) that only support 2.4 GHz.

Or is it seeing your network but simply cannot connect? That might point to a security protocol that the router has enabled that Roku doesn't support. My WiFi points all use WPA/WPA2-Personal(PSK). If yours is using something different, that could be an issue as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos