Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emilyrmsss

Re: Network Issues with Insignia Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem! I don’t use it much since I work full time and I am a full time university student. I’ve had it for about 2 years. Tells me no networks found yet all my other same brand tv’s in my house have no problems 

0 Kudos
Ryanc21

Jump to solution

Did you ever figure out the problem? My tv is having the same issues 

0 Kudos
Doug42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did not find the problem, but I did what others with same situation reported, which was installed a new Wifi router, a Google nest 3 Port dual band system.  In the over six months it has been up, l’ve had zero problems with the Roku TV, or any of the other 10+ devices on the net.  Cinch to install.  The Linksys I replaced was like 6 years old, so was about time for an upgrade anyway.  It was like taking a sledge hammer to fix the problem, but I didn’t see any better way.  Good luck!1

0 Kudos
jwbrighton

Jump to solution

There is a problem with a Insignia models and it is not on the router side.  It is a hardware problem.

MadMax66

Jump to solution

I got the TV for my daughter Christmas of 2018. At first, it had no problems connecting to the cellular hotspot in our home. Then, all of a sudden, it stopped connecting. I’ve tried all of the applicable fixes mentioned in this thread and others I’ve read, even trying different cellular hotspots, but sill no connectivity. Not sure Santa ever delivered such a disappointment before.

0 Kudos
ChristophH

Jump to solution

This is so frustrating - I have a 1GHZ+ Wifi connection and both of my older insignia roku tv's started doing this after working fine for a while and a brand new rokutv is working fine at HD speeds-  all of them say connection is excellent.   The TV's are within 15 feet from an orbi wifi router which is running speeds at 1GHZ+.   

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hooking up an external roku to my Roku tv is exactly what I wound up doing. It works great that way. I recently moved the external to another tv and decided to see if there had been any updates fixes since u gave up a year ago. Nope. I love my rokus. I've bought many and been recommending them to others since 2011. I have also told many people not to bother with the Roku TV's as they are a complete waste if money. Both the insignia (which I have ) and the tcl have numerous complaints about this same issue, for years now, with no resolution. I'm so disappointed with this purchase.

0 Kudos
fredhag804

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  I lose internet connection every few hours - at least daily.  Although I've tried restarting the router and TV and all that, I don't have problems with any of my other devices, and when the TV says it has no internet connection and needs to set it up, I notice the TV doesn't see any of the neighbor's networks when it rescans.  It usually then connects the 2nd time.  There are no updates for the TV or router.  Any help would be appreciated.  

0 Kudos
andreal

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue since about October of 2019. I attributed this to my router which was 3 years old at the time and dropping WiFi on my iPhone, the husbands android, and my daughters amazon fire on a regular basis. Even the wired connection to my desktop would not work on occasion. I have since upgraded to a new WiFi system and am still having the same issues. To the point when we are home and want to watch a 30 minute program on Disney+, Netflix or Amazon I need to reset my router completely(today I have rebooted my router 6 times). We moved states August 2019 and have tripled our download upload speeds from last summer and are still having this issue. I have looked at the rear of the tv and there is no Ethernet port to hardline the internet to it to attempt to avoid this headache. 

0 Kudos
Shaqfeasel

Jump to solution

I had an issue connecting.  I recently changed my gateway to xfi. The TV would connect for 5 seconds then drop and sometimes restart.  I changed the 5g SSID to a different name.  The xfi initial setup does not ask for different SSID names.

0 Kudos