Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmacc
Level 7

Netflix on Roku Smart Soundbar

Hi. I have a Roku Smart Soundbar connected to a Vizio P75 television via HDMI (ARC). More often than not, when I try to watch a movie on Netflix, the movie will start, but then the sound cuts out, the video freezes, and the soundbar reboots. I have seen previous threads about manually setting the display type rather than using auto, and that seemed to help with issues within Netflix where the stupid automatic previews would freeze, but it doesn't seem to have helped the rebooting issue. 

I do not experience this problem on my other Roku devices -- just the Smart Soundbar. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Netflix app several times, but that doesn't seem to help. Also, the problem occurs with both HD and UHD movies, but is more prevalent with UHD.

Is anyone experiencing this issue, or is there a fix of some kind that I missed?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Netflix on Roku Smart Soundbar

@johnmacc

Thanks for the post.

When removing the channel, did you make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back again?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
johnmacc
Level 7

Re: Netflix on Roku Smart Soundbar

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did restart the soundbar after uninstalling the Netflix app. I should also mention that I have experienced the same problem with this soundbar on two televisions using different HDMI cables. I have also tried connecting to one of the faster HDMI ports instead of the ARC port.

Thank you again!

0 Kudos