Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zelstark
Reel Rookie

Netflix doesn’t work but other apps do

I have a sharp roku tv and everything worked fine except the sound was terrible so I bought the roku soundbar and it sounds great but Netflix doesn’t work, it pauses, loses sound, buffers, sounds like a cd skipping etc. Netflix works fine on every other device we have on this network, and all the other channels work great on the soundbar. I can switch to the tv for Netflix but it’s annoying because if you forget and use the soundbar remote it leaves the Netflix app on the tv and goes back to the sound bar. Plus I can’t get certain apps like Apple TV on the sharp tv just the roku soundbar. Just seems like for the price all apps should work. I reinstalled Netflix, reset my the soundbar to factory settings, everything it says to try. And the soundbar is sitting right next to the router, is the WiFi chip in the soundbar that much worse than the WiFi in the tv?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix doesn’t work but other apps do

@Zelstark

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zelstark
Reel Rookie

Re: Netflix doesn’t work but other apps do

It does seem to be working so far, which is interesting because I did a full factory reset and that didn’t help, but I’ll cross my fingers and hope it keeps working. Thanks for the quick reply!

0 Kudos