Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Netflix crashing TCL 65R615

Hi Everyone, I want to see if I’m the only one seeing this, but Netflix keeps crashing my TCL 65R615 Roku TV. The whole system crashes and reboots after watching Netflix for a few minutes. After restart it lasts for about a day until we go back to Netflix. Other channels work with no issues.

This is my set up.

TCL 65 R615 with CEC/ARC enabled (Dolby Digital/DTS pass-through)

Model 7121X – Software Version 9.1.0 build 4917-30

Yamaha RX-V671 – CEC/ARC enabled

Thanks for your attention on this.

[Post relocated]

My ROKU Information:
TCL Roku TV 65 R615
Model 7121X
Software Version 9.1.0 | Build 4917-30
Roku Ultra
Model 4640X
Software Version 9.2.0 | Build 4115-29
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Netflix crashing TCL 65R615

@RuloSuper 

Thanks for the note here. A couple questions: 

- Have you removed the Netflix channel from the TV's home screen, restarted the TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart, and then added the channel back once again after the TV has restarted? 

- Could you provide an example content title that you are watching when this issue occurs? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm going to try uninstalling Netflix, the problem happens with any video, I'm only streaming in HD since I cancelled the Netflix 4k plan.

I'm going to let you know.

Thanks.

My ROKU Information:
TCL Roku TV 65 R615
Model 7121X
Software Version 9.1.0 | Build 4917-30
Roku Ultra
Model 4640X
Software Version 9.2.0 | Build 4115-29
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Thanks. Keep us posted to let us know if that helped clear up the issue.

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I had this exact problem... Within a few mins the video will start lagging then lips out of sync then buffer then it would freeze completely. The solution to this issue is to restart the tcl by navigating through the settings and restart that fixed it. Uninstalling the Netflix app and reinstall it does not work... So restart the tv through the menu setting... Works like a charm.

0 Kudos