Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Netflix buffering issue on TCL's

I have 6 TCL Roku tv's.  I have 6 of them because they worked amazingly. Since January of this year Netflix has been buffering when streaming content.  The app loads but when you select something to stream you have constant buffering.  This happens on all of them and ONLY with Netflix.  All other apps work.  Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Now etc.

I contacted Roku, Netflix, and TCL and they were all going to investigate and get back to me.  No one has but it seems that there is definitely an issue that Roku and TCL need to work out.  There are numerous threads in regards to this issue.

Please address it once and for all.  Excellent product/tv but this is a HUGE problem for many of us customers.  PLEASE FIX/UPDATE!!!

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Netflix buffering issue on TCL's

You will not get it. Roku is a mess. I have had multiple service calls to TCL. TCL came and replaced the network board in the TV.  I think you will find that alot of other stream channels will not display a 4K resolution due to Onboard Roku bottlenecking your TV bandwidth. 

Roku has not responded to me after multiple attempted contacting to explain that TCL did an onsite repair on the network card fell on Deaf ears. All of the providers engaged in this fiasco is willing to help EXCEPT ROKU. Roku support is garbage.

In Fact Roku CS has ignored every single one of my requests for help. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem here, although Netflix had worked fine until a few weeks ago.  It's definitely the Roku/Netflix app since Netflix works fine on the same tv when I use a Fire TV streamer stick.  When I check the network using Netflix Help it gives me 103 Mbps download speed using the Fire TV stick but 0.01 Mbps download when using the Roku Netflix app.  I removed the app and reinstalled it.  No change.

I'm having the same problem with Prime Video.  Useless with the Roku app.  Frequently crashes when trying to load and when it does load there's constantly buffering.  With the Fire TV stick it works perfectly.  Again, this started to be a problem a few weeks ago.

The 65R615 has a wired connection.  I also tried wireless but had the same problems with Netflix and Prime Video.

Oddly, YouTube continues to work ok.

Highlighted
Level 8

For the life of me I cant see why Roku won't address an issue that is giving many of its customers issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hopefully they hear the cries of there customers.  It is all over the discussion boards here and tech blogs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

If Roku Continually and willfully ignore our plight. Then there is nothing we can do more here. It says is the headline before this thread started. by Tanner "NOT OUR PROBLEM" "CONTACT TV MANUFACTURER"

Unfortunately, the only manufacturer subject to Roku's Garbage causing trouble is TCL.  Good old Roku Passing the buck. Good support work there inspector Tanner.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Can you paste the link to that thread.  I cannot seem to find it.  They are essentially partners and between both of them (Roku and TCL) they should get this resolved.  This is unacceptable and disappointing that this has not one been acknowledged by either that there is an issue and two RESOLVED!!!! #netflixrokutclissue #netflixrokuissue

0 Kudos
Level 7

Same problem here. It started a few weeks ago. Seems to happen more when streaming 4K content. I watched Back to the Future 2 today with no issues... but Space Force (a new show) would buffer and pause every 5 minutes.

I'm using a wired connection running at 100/10. I have no issues with Hulu, Amazon or YouTube.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same exact issue everyone else has reported. All other streaming services work perfectly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I have a TCL 554625 with the same issue. Happens only with the Netflix app, mostly with 4k content, I have a high bandwidth internet connection.

0 Kudos