Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuanitaK

Need help with factory reset issue

Jump to solution

So I factory reset everything for my onn Roku tv. We lost the actual remote and have been using the Roku remote app on our smart phone. Now it will not allow us to access our tv at all! It won't let us turn it on or off. It won't let us set it up, connect to wifi. We can't do anything at all!! How can I fix this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Need help with factory reset issue

Jump to solution

Hi @JuanitaK

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JuanitaK

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JuanitaK-

Expanding on the reply from @RokuKariza-D :

The Roku app on a phone can only connect to a Roku device or Roku TV that is already connected to your home network.  A factory reset removed all setup information from your Roku TV so it doesn't know how to connect to your network.  You'll need a compatible remote to get this set up again.

Your oNN Roku TV can use a Roku TV remote from any manufacturer in this group because they all use the same infrared command set:
Element, Haier, Hitachi, Insignia, JVC, Magnavox, onn, Philips, RCA, Sharp, TCL, Westinghouse

HiSense and Sanyo use a different command set so their remotes can't be used with your oNN.

You can find Roku TV remotes, either from these manufacturers or other third party manufacturers on Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, and other retailers.

Also many inexpensive universal remotes can be used, as long as they say they can control a Roku TV.  Note that separate Roku devices don't use the same command set, so be sure it says Roku TV, not just Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JuanitaK 

Let me suggest a Roku Voice Remote. It's $20 and will control a Roku TV. You can find them at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos