Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rufusf1990
Reel Rookie

Need help ASAP with Roku TV!

Jump to solution

ok so Ibe come here for some kind of help this is the most craziest thing that ever happen to me! I purchased a 65 inch Roku hisense tv a couple weeks ago for my new house..so I tore down the box because I’m my neighborhood the trash guys don’t except boxes that are not broke down I start to hang the tv up and notice it has scratches and damaged turned it on and it’s a broken tv as I look closer it’s a TCL tv....WTFFFFF Walmart switched my TVs I didn’t even notice the tape all around my box they will not give me a refund they are saying that it’s a manufactures fault I can not believe this I really need a way to track the serial number of the tv down to have concrete proof because I have to sue them if you guys have any suggestions please help me!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Need help ASAP!

Jump to solution

@Rufusf1990 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting Hisense support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku supplies the operating system used by what are called Roku TVs.  Roku is not responsible for the physical set nor its condition upon delivery.  That responsibility lies with the  manufacturer and the sales outlet.

Your complaint is that you received a physically broken set from your retailer, Walmart in this case.  Further, you claim you thought you were purchasing a Hisense tv but actually received a damaged TCL tv in a Hisense box which concealed the damage  You say you no longer have the packing materials, but you should have a purchase receipt showing as a minimum the brand of tv purchased and likely its serial number for warranty purposes, plus any included manuals, etc, specific to the set.  What do these materials show?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Rufusf1990
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I have the receipt that shows the serial number for the hisense tv also I still have the packaging although in pieces you can still see the tape that all around it proving it was not sealed from factory like Walmart claims I received an open tcl remote and manual I stil have the serial and upc of the hisense tv From the box and also on the recipet

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Rufusf1990 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried contacting Hisense support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

Re: Need help ASAP with Roku TV!

Jump to solution

Jesus that sounds like a nightmare!

0 Kudos
Kev3711

Jump to solution

I'm just trying to get a usb waring off my screen, factory resets, hard resets, unplugged has yielded  nothing, I know the port is bad from trying to plug in tight space left between wall mount.  Any design usb location would be better than 6 inches deep and dark behind the TV 4 inches from the bulkhead, c'mon engineers, autopilot or cad isn't the best way of making products 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kev3711

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing seems to be hardware related. Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos