Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaurieA
Level 7

Need Westinghouse Roku TV remote

Jump to solution

Where can I buy a new remote for a Westinghouse Roku TV?  My dog ate it, and now the TV is useless!  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need Westinghouse Roku TV remote

Jump to solution

It will work, roku doesn't sell IR roku tv remote you have to get them from the tv manufacturer. Or go to ebay, the westinghouse roku tv's responds to same remote codes as tcl, insignia, sanyo, magnavox, rca, philips, element, Onn, hitachi, haier, and jvc roku tv remotes. Just stay away from Hisense & Sharp roku tv remotes. 

You can tell its roku tv IR remote by the tv power & volume keys and crescent moon sleep timer key. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Roku tv's can be paired to wifi voice remote which are sold separately at walmart or best buy. Walmart also has the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote makes a great roku tv remote. Use the TCL roku tv directions section D of universal manual. here's photo of it next to roku tv voice remote:

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund

0 Kudos
LaurieA
Level 7

Jump to solution

Great idea, but my remote doesn't have a pairing button, so I don't think it would work.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

It will work, roku doesn't sell IR roku tv remote you have to get them from the tv manufacturer. Or go to ebay, the westinghouse roku tv's responds to same remote codes as tcl, insignia, sanyo, magnavox, rca, philips, element, Onn, hitachi, haier, and jvc roku tv remotes. Just stay away from Hisense & Sharp roku tv remotes. 

You can tell its roku tv IR remote by the tv power & volume keys and crescent moon sleep timer key. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
LaurieA
Level 7

Jump to solution

Awesome!  I've seen quite a few of those brands available, just not Westinghouse.  Thank you so much!
Laurie

0 Kudos