Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Need Help Selecting Roku TV

I need help selecting a 55" and 36" Roku TV. Soundbar for the 55" and wall mounting brackets for both. No gaming will be done with them. I do not have Sam's Club or Costco Membership. They will be installed in my vacation rental cabin so I'm looking for a great picture at an affordable price. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 21

Re: Need Help Selecting Roku

A very popular brand is TCL. However, there are numerous reports of sound delay issues with those sets for some unknown reason, especially when used with external audio (sound bars or amps). I have a 43" Sharp Roku TV that works fine, although I don't use any external sound.

You might also consider a standard TV and add a Roku player, such as the Premiere or Streaming Stick+. The advantage with the Stick (or the Roku Ultra) is that the remote is wireless, so doesn't have to be pointed directly at the TV/Roku, and the remote has volume and mute buttons, so when using the Roku for content you don't need to use the TV remote at all. I can't say if the size of Roku TV you are looking at would come with an IR or wireless remote. 

With a Roku player (or Roku TV) you have the ability to use what they call Guest Mode, so your renters can use their own credentials and not interact with your personal account. See this web page for more details on using Guest Mode. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.