Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BZGOLDEN

My usb is broken

My Usb broke off and now there is a message saying “this usb device requires more power” is there a way to stop the message because I don’t want to go out an buy a new tv? Every time I get the message to go away five seconds later it pops up again! I just want the message to stop popping up I don’t plan on using my USB port.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: My usb is broken

Hello @BZGOLDEN

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

The error message you're getting is mostly because of a USB drive plugged into your Roku device/TV. Make sure nothing is connected in there so the message will no longer show up. 

For more information, you can check this Support link: Why does my Roku® streaming device not recognize my external USB drive?

If the issue persists and you have a Roku TV, you made sure nothing is plugged into the USB port, we would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's support team to report the issue and get help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos