Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cwilson75
Level 7

My tv shuts off while gaming

My 50 inch Tcl Roku tv powers off on its own while gaming!! Can anyone help me figure this out 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My tv shuts off while gaming

@Cwilson75

Thanks for the post.

This may be related to a hardware issue with your Roku TV. 

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 10

Re: My tv shuts off while gaming

@Cwilson75 , Try home>settings>system>advanced>factory reset. But, during the initial setup, tell it you don't have internet ("I'll do this later." But, don't do it.). It sounds like you're playing an HDMI-connected game. See if the problem continues. If not, you could continue using it that way. If you need to stream, buy an inexpensive streaming stick.

If the problem goes away, you could try enabling the network. If the problem starts again after the tv updates itself (could take a day or two), that would be good to report back here.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos