Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WKG

My roku has sound but no picture I have three TVs with roku and this is only happening on one

Everything was working fine earlier today. Now no matter what I want to watch, I can hear it but there’s no picture. A message comes up on my screen that says “an error occurred during playback. Please try again “ I’ve tried everything it says to do and nothing is working. Help how do I fix this.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: My roku has sound but no picture I have three TVs with roku and this is only happening on one

Is this happening on multiple channel/apps, or just a single app?

0 Kudos
GaryG446
Reel Rookie

Re: My roku has sound but no picture I have three TVs with roku and this is only happening on one

June 5 2022: A recent update (June 3) caused a similar issue on my ROKU TV. It seems now I have to do a factory reset to get video. When I turn on the TV there is sound, but no video,  it asks me to choose HDTV or standard, when I choose it does nothing.  I use an HDMI cable to my cable box. I think it would be a good idea to offer users the ability to either:

A: Turn off automatic updates
B: Give users the ability to roll back.

Id appreciate if a anew build could be dispensed to fix this.

0 Kudos
Jaimo

Mine is doing it to and it’s on paramount plus, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon prime. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Community users who have an issue related to what you are experiencing have reported that unplugging the TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue. Have you tried that troubleshooting steps to see if that resolves what you are seeing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos