Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

My audio drops intermittently!

Jump to solution

I have had my Roku TV since Feb with no problem ls.  Tonight it lost wifi connection which happens from time to time. Finally my internet came back up. I played the show I was watching and for the first time there was zero sound. I didnt change any settings.  I tried different show but there was no sound.  I tried a different app besides roku but still no sound.  I turned the tv off and back on.  I even tried fast forwarding and reversing but nothing.  There is no sound in the commercials either. 

I went to main menu and switched the volume mode from levelin to night but nothing changed. Then i went from off to leveling or night and there is my sound! But as soon as it goes to commercial, there goes the sound with it. I did my volume mode trick again but everytime it switches to next commercial or back to show, it goes back to no sound.  During the show, the sound keeps dropping every few mins and the only way I can get it back is to cycle through volume mode making sure i go from off to either leveling or night.  

The tv is useless in this condition.  I have zero idea why this issue arose suddenly for no reason.  

Help me!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My audio drops intermittently!

Jump to solution

@chanda712 

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that unplugging the TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves your issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@chanda712 

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that unplugging the TV for 5-10 minutes then plugging it back in resolved their issue. We would recommend trying that to see if that resolves your issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The power cycle worked and I should have thought of it before even posting!  I guess it's the OCD in me, why would it glitch like that?  There was no trauma to the tv, no settings were changed.  I guess it doesn't matter if the solution is a simple power cycle.  

I have an obsolete degree in computer science and the first thing they taught us back in those days was computers (tech) don't make mistakes, humans (programmars) do, LOL

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Now my confidence is renewed in Roku because someone answered and tried to help me even though your call center tech support is shutdown to the situation.  What does the situation have to do with call center work?  Just have the techs work from home, no interaction with customers or colleagues.  I was so frustrated!  

But now I have just ordered a Roku Express product for my living room Smiley Happy  

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

chanda712 

Thank you so much for posting that.. including myself, there is no telling how many people you have actually helped or will help. . I was extremely frustrated about the situation and even more because I could not find a solution..especially when I didn't know what actually happened..So I did unplug for a few minutes about 15 mins or so..and it worked. So again thank you for posting..

0 Kudos