Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r41866
Level 7

My TCL 49S517 Roku TV's HDMI says "no signal" after firmware update

Today after the firmware was updated to the version 9.20 Build 4502, my TCL 49S517 Roku TV's HDMI port cannot detect the HDMI signal from an HDMI splitter anymore.

The HDMI 2.0 signal is from a Lenovo L340 laptop computer. The signal is split by an HDMI 2.0 splitter (compatible with 4K 60Hz) and then goes to a full HD Samsung monitor and my TCL 49S517 Roku 4K TV. Before the firmware update, the TV worked well with the splitter. Now the splitter still works well with the Samsung full HD monitor but it doesn't work with the TV anymore. In order to show the computer screen on the TV, I must connect the HDMI port of the laptop with my Roku TV directly without the splitter. The HDMI cables are OK because they work well when they are used to connect the TV and the computer directly. 

Is there a bug with the firmware?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
r41866
Level 7

Re: My TCL 49S517 Roku TV's HDMI says "no signal" after firmware update

One more thing to add: my computer still detects the TV when the HDMI cables and the splitter are connected but the TV says "no signal."

0 Kudos
Hkelvinc
Level 7

I have the same exact problem with my TCL 50S425 50 inch 4K Smart LED Roku TV (2019).

I hope they patch the bug sooner than later. 

0 Kudos
r41866
Level 7

It seems TCL has no plan to fix this because they don't consider this a bug. Below is the response of TCL to my email to them.

"Thank you for reaching TCL Customer Support.

We are sorry to hear  that your HDMI splitter is no longer working on the TV, rest assured that we are here to assist. Using a splitter or any adapter when connecting a device to the TV is something that we do not recommend because it might or might not work on the TV. We only recommend end to end connection which is the cable should be connected directly to the TV. Even if it works before there is still a possibility that it will stop from working. It's just a coincident that it happened right after the software update. Everything else works fine on the TV so far aside from it and you mentioned that it worked when you connect the laptop directly to the TV using the HDMI cable.

Thank you."

0 Kudos
Hkelvinc
Level 7

Yeah but it seems like you're using a splitter. My issue does not have a splitter

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Then start your own thread, the OP is dealing with splitter, you come in to the thread and want to change subjects.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.