Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Roku hisense tv is stuck in a loop

My hisense Roku tv is stuck in a loop. It keeps turning on and off with in 2-4 seconds. I don’t have time to reset from the button or nothing seems to work. The reset button tricks are not working. I have tried different power sources also. It will not even stay on for a second. I see the Home Screen, then it’s back off. Just keeps repeating this. 

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku hisense tv is stuck in a loop

@Tyronehall88 

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the issue you are experiencing may be hardware related. Have you tried contacting Hisense support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
davelevy
Reel Rookie

Have the same issue. Mine's out of warranty and all I want is to know if there is a way to get it stable to be able to use it as a screen. 

I.e. is there a firware update/upload from USB to diagnose the issue?

Should also note that when I originally spoke with Hisense they claimed that Roku was responsible for the TV "software" including the startup

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@davelevy

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to update your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku TV?

As stated previously, if the issue you are experiencing is related to the TV hardware, you will need to contact your Roku TV manufacturer to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
davelevy
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the link Danny. The issue I have is that the TV software seems to reboot before it fully loads so loading from the menu isn't possible.

I get the splash screen and within a few seconds it reboots. I was looking for a boot loader of some kind and I'm guessing that is not what the link does.

I have already reached out to Hisense and since the TV is a year and half old, it's over the warranty, they essentially washed their hands of the issue and said it's a software issue and to reach out to Roku.

0 Kudos
GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

Same issue here - Hisense Roku TV, boots to logo splash screen, then goes blank and repeats over and over (bootloop). Need way to fix, firmware, etc but no help from Roku or Hisense

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

@GoodGuy2k2k

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We recommend restarting your Roku TV, Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in to resolve the issue. 

If the issue still persists, we would recommend you contact the TV manufacturer for the issue. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach Hisense Support here

All the best, 
Karla

GoodGuy2k2k
Binge Watcher

Tried everything possible (replaced all boards, tried every power/reset button combo) NOTHING worked after weeks of trying everything I could find. Nothing would change the boot loop. 

ROKU & HISense we’re no help at all. Not happy at all. Sold the TV for parts. FU Roku & HiSense - never buying another ROKU, HiSense (Sharp) product ever again and going to put terrible reviews out there for every Roku & HiSense product online. 

After all my efforts, I’m convinced this is some sort of software (Roku) bug that occurred after an OTA update (or a hibernation, energy-saver glitch). Really dissappinjng that HiSense blames Roku & Roku blames HiSense and nobody helps the customer.