Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OhanaMama5
Level 7

My Roku Ultra which I have only had since January 2020 is burning up!

Only had the Roku Ultra since January and tonight is the 3rd time the box has been burning up only after one hour of watching the television.  It is on a hard table underneath the television that is open to the entire room.  The room is cool and there is no reason for the unit to be so hot.  Can anyone help please? Considering just going to buy a new Amazon Fire Stick since, I can 't get any customer service from Roku.

I know we are in a pandemic, but this seems to be the ONLY company, corporation that seem to have NO customer support available.  How ridiculous is that!  In the digital world working from your home has become super easy.  Why not for Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My Roku Ultra which I have only had since January 2020 is burning up!

@OhanaMama5 

Thanks for the post.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

If you are still experiencing the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos