Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BërsėlNokkën
Level 7

My Roku TCL tv keeps leaving Netflix in the middle of streaming and going to the network page.

My TV keeps stopping streaming and brings me to my “Network” screen.

I keep turning on Netflix and going into a show, but whenever I start watching something, it turns my volume down a couple and brings me to my “network” screen. My wifi is fine, and I even ran a test. I have a Roku TCL smart Tv. Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: My Roku TCL tv keeps leaving Netflix in the middle of streaming and going to the network page.

@BërsėlNokkën wrote:

My TV keeps stopping streaming and brings me to my “Network” screen.

There is network-reset option in home>settings>system>network. That's been known to fix things. Also a power restart in system>power. (If you see fast start enabled in that menu, I would disable it too. It's been known to cause problems because it keeps things persistent in memory; things get persistently corrupted, leading to bizarre problems.).

Often people are told to delete the problem streaming app, restart the tv (probably the system>power restart, especially if fast-start is enabled), add the app again.

If it were me, and none of the above worked, I would be looking at my wifi. If it supports 5g, I would ensure the tv is connecting to the 5g side of the wifi (assuming the wifi isn't a large distance away. In which case 2.4g might be better). If I had to use 2.4g, I would look at a wifi map (in the router, if it shows it, or an app for a phone will do this) to see if there's a better channel to use. Maybe a spike of interference is causing the problem. Your wifi might look strong to you, but a garage-door opener might cause a problem every few hours? Maybe the netflix app is particularly sensitive?

I remember reading something about wifi problems being fixed by changing some internal ("secret") system settings (disabling pings and/or BT something. I'm going to private message you. I don't think Roku allows this topic, although it can be found on Google. Some posts here do talk about it.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.