Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Roku TCL tv keeps leaving Netflix in the middle of streaming and going to the network page.

My TV keeps stopping streaming and brings me to my “Network” screen.

I keep turning on Netflix and going into a show, but whenever I start watching something, it turns my volume down a couple and brings me to my “network” screen. My wifi is fine, and I even ran a test. I have a Roku TCL smart Tv. Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 9

Re: My Roku TCL tv keeps leaving Netflix in the middle of streaming and going to the network page.

@BërsėlNokkën wrote:

My TV keeps stopping streaming and brings me to my “Network” screen.

There is network-reset option in home>settings>system>network. That's been known to fix things. Also a power restart in system>power. (If you see fast start enabled in that menu, I would disable it too. It's been known to cause problems because it keeps things persistent in memory; things get persistently corrupted, leading to bizarre problems.).

Often people are told to delete the problem streaming app, restart the tv (probably the system>power restart, especially if fast-start is enabled), add the app again.

If it were me, and none of the above worked, I would be looking at my wifi. If it supports 5g, I would ensure the tv is connecting to the 5g side of the wifi (assuming the wifi isn't a large distance away. In which case 2.4g might be better). If I had to use 2.4g, I would look at a wifi map (in the router, if it shows it, or an app for a phone will do this) to see if there's a better channel to use. Maybe a spike of interference is causing the problem. Your wifi might look strong to you, but a garage-door opener might cause a problem every few hours? Maybe the netflix app is particularly sensitive?

I remember reading something about wifi problems being fixed by changing some internal ("secret") system settings (disabling pings and/or BT something. I'm going to private message you. I don't think Roku allows this topic, although it can be found on Google. Some posts here do talk about it.).

"[Roku CEO] Wood’s goal is to control video access to the world — to be the 'one box that rules them all.'" (Techcrunch, February 23, 2011). The latest software update removed any doubt who rules & controls my TV.