Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viperay

My Roku RCA auto updated to 10.0 and took out the LCD. It was playing fine when shutdown

Jump to solution

I have a RCA Roku 60 that was running great on the 19th when the software update 10.0 was installed. When it was booted back up the next day all I had was a black screen that flicked every second or so and i could see the picture actually running good in background.

I have been down the list of all remedies and even done a factory reset in the pinhole. I plugged it in elsewhere with nothing other than the cat5 cable and still the same. So my thoughts are that the update took out the TVs led lamp. Can ANYONE help with this? This thing is only 14 months old. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My RUKO RCA auto updated to 10.0 and took out the LCD. It was playing fine when shutdown

Jump to solution

@Viperay

Thanks for the post.

This sounds it may be a hardware related issue with your Roku TV. Have you tried contacting RCA support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.rca.com/us_en/television-4-us-en/customer-support-396-us-en or at 1-800-968-9853.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My RUKO RCA auto updated to 10.0 and took out the LCD. It was playing fine when shutdown

Jump to solution

@Viperay

Thanks for the post.

This sounds it may be a hardware related issue with your Roku TV. Have you tried contacting RCA support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.rca.com/us_en/television-4-us-en/customer-support-396-us-en or at 1-800-968-9853.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos