Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmetts
Reel Rookie

My Model H801X is not recognized. How do I download a manual update?

Jump to solution

I went to tvupdate.roku.com to manually download an update but it does not recognize the model number my TV displays in settings, which is H801X. It is asking for 4 numbers and one letter. Nothing in that pattern is available to me on this device. It's a 32-inch Onn model 100012589 that is not displayed on Roku's website but is available at Walmart still. 

After a week this TV is no longer connecting to the internet. We primarily screen mirror our devices to it, we don't really use it for TV. After attempting all the basic steps, power cycle, reconnect to the network, reset button on the back, full system reset... nothing is working. 

I tried to research both the Roku Model Number as well as the Onn Model Number in hopes that I would find a model number I could use for this TV but no luck. I read here in the community that Walmart models typically have "RW" at the end, but this one doesn't. I assume because Onn is Walmart's brand and there's no need to identify it? I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Model H801X is not recognized. How do I download a manual update?

Jump to solution

@kmetts

Thanks for the posts.

If your MAC address shows all zeros, this would indicate a hardware related issue with your TV. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach ONN support here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I see multiple onn TVs that have the same model number that are clearly not identical.

Let's start with your Internet connection problem.  What happens when you try to connect?  Are you getting any error messages or codes?  Is the MAC address that's displayed under Settings->System->About or Settings->Network->About all zeros?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kmetts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It behaves as if it doesn't see any networks and asks to rescan, but no error messages anywhere. And yes, the Mac address is all zeros. After posting I found that OS 11.5 is causing this issue for several others as well but no fix as of yet that I've found. I'm running 11.5 currently.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kmetts

Thanks for the posts.

If your MAC address shows all zeros, this would indicate a hardware related issue with your TV. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach ONN support here: http://onntvsupport.com/#product_support-2 or at 1-844-334-2355.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos