Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcging
Level 7

My Insignia 5302X Roku TV not Apple+ compatible but how to confirm newer models are before buying?

Jump to solution

Subject line says it - my son's Insignia 32 inch 5302X model not Apple+ compatible. OK, looking for a replacement but no way to tell with online product descriptions what the model number is so I can check it against the list published here. All sorts of numbers, sku's, etc but so far unable to find model numbers of devices I like that line up with the list.

Simply do not want to buy something and find out it too isn't compatible.  Advice?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My Insignia 5302X Roku TV not Apple+ compatible but how to confirm newer models are before buyin

Jump to solution

Check out more information about which models of Roku devices and TVs the Apple TV channel supports here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Apple-TV-Service/m-p/516849

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My Insignia 5302X Roku TV not Apple+ compatible but how to confirm newer models are before buyin

Jump to solution

If the Roku model # #isn't listed for a particular TV running the Roku OS, I'd recommend contacting that specific TV manufacturer to inquire further. They should be able to help provide that information for their various TV models. 

You can locate Roku TV manufacturer contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Check out more information about which models of Roku devices and TVs the Apple TV channel supports here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Apple-TV-Service/m-p/516849

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
jmcging
Level 7

Jump to solution

Really not an answer to my question. I want to know how to know what the model number is for a Roku TV when looking to purchase one online.

Per another post, 

Is my Roku device compatible?

Not all Roku streaming devices support the Apple TV channel. To help determine if your device in your country is compatible, you need to know the device model. To find this information, go to the home screen on your Roku device and select Settings > System > About. The models below support the Apple TV channel.

Device Model

Roku TV 7000X, C000X, 8000X

OK, so I go to BestBuy.com and see a set and it's called a "series 3" and no model number.  I look at other stores which sell Roku TVs and I see none with model numbers of 7000x, C0000X or 8000X.  

My question is how do you know what the model numbers are for models for sale online to compare them against the list provided above?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

If the Roku model # #isn't listed for a particular TV running the Roku OS, I'd recommend contacting that specific TV manufacturer to inquire further. They should be able to help provide that information for their various TV models. 

You can locate Roku TV manufacturer contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos