Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squeaker85

My Hisense roku tv remote stopped working

Jump to solution

Hi, 

My hisense roku tv remote stopped working. I replaced the batteries in the remote and i did a factory reset on my tv thinking that would of fixed my problem but that didnt work and now im just stuck on the setup screen.  What can I do?  Does any roku remote work for the smart tv?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Hisense roku tv remote stopped working

Jump to solution

@Squeaker85 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Regular Roku IR remotes, or universal remote with a Roku will NOT work on Roku tvs. But regular TV codes and n universal remotes should work for power, volume, and menu commands.

You could go to Walmart or Best Buy and purchase the WiFi Voice remote, it works with all Roku tvs. To pair it to your TV, unplug the power, then plug it back in when the Roku is bouncing start pressing and holding the pairing button in battery compartment of the WiFi remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Squeaker85 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Jacque1

Jump to solution

My hisense roku tv can't turn up volume want say anything 

0 Kudos
Kelz1020

Jump to solution

Regular Roku remotes work on all roku tvs. I found this out when I had my insignia tv plugged in to do a factory reset because I was giving it to a friend and when I used the remote for that tv to turn it on it also turned my hisense roku tv off at the same time cuz it was on and in the same room lol so I tried using the insignia tv roku remote on my hisense roku tv just being curious and worked just fine. You can buy a roku remote replacement at Walmart for about 12 bucks. You can also Google it a d it'll say basic roku remotes are compatible with all roku model tvs 

rleidt

Jump to solution

Our Hisense right out of the box was great until it did an update during the setup. Then the remote started acting up, lagging, long waits

I went in to re-pair the remote and there was an update waiting. Fixed it right up. Lesson learned is if the TV updates, go to the menu and look for a remote uodate.

0 Kudos
vwolf2

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue and hisense won't replace the TV as it's past it's 90 day warranty. Is there any other solution other buying a new tv?

0 Kudos