Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must restart Roku TV to connect to Ethernet?

I have a roku tv in my dorm room (college student) and it doesn’t have an Ethernet port, so I bought an Ethernet-USB adapter. However my tv doesn’t connect to the Ethernet when I plug it in, I must restart the tv for it to connect. Is there any way to fix this? The same Ethernet cable and USB adapter works perfectly on my laptop. I cannot use the university WiFi on the tv unfortunately, as it’s for mobile devices and computers.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Must restart Roku TV to connect to Ethernet?

It sounds like your tv is connecting to wifi through USB (attached adapter). I'm surprised that works at all. 

It doesn't sound like there's a way to make it better. (Maybe setup your laptop to be a hotspot, then connect with the tv's native wifi to the laptop.). Otherwise, the menu restart (home>settings>system>power) sounds like it wouldn't be too bad (considering I wouldn't have even expected the usb connectivity to work).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos