Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Must reconnect to WiFi every time I turn tv on

I just bought a tcl Roku tv and have connection issue. Worked fine for a few days but now I have to reconnect to WiFi  every time I turn on the tv. I’ve done a reset and it still happens. I previously had a roku stick on my old tv and this never happened even though it’s on the same location. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Must reconnect to WiFi every time I turn tv on

I have the same problem. Were you able to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've had my TCL 6 series Roku TV since January 2020. My TV started doing this about a week ago (beginning of August.) Every time I turn on the TV, I have to wait 5 to 10 minutes for it to connect to my WIFI. Really annoying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Purchased a Roku TV in June 2020 and having the same issue.  Have there been any resolutions to the issue? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I found a fix for my TV. I don't remember the name of the setting, but there's a setting that will make the Roku/tv resume from suspend instead of powering off completely. Kind of like when you close the lid of a laptop. This option keeps the wifi connection when I "power-off".

0 Kudos