Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hecmen
Level 8

Must reconnect to WiFi every time I turn tv on

I just bought a tcl Roku tv and have connection issue. Worked fine for a few days but now I have to reconnect to WiFi  every time I turn on the tv. I’ve done a reset and it still happens. I previously had a roku stick on my old tv and this never happened even though it’s on the same location. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5\
Cas17
Level 7

Re: Must reconnect to WiFi every time I turn tv on

I have the same problem. Were you able to resolve this?

0 Kudos
tmeekins
Level 8

I've had my TCL 6 series Roku TV since January 2020. My TV started doing this about a week ago (beginning of August.) Every time I turn on the TV, I have to wait 5 to 10 minutes for it to connect to my WIFI. Really annoying.

0 Kudos
My926
Level 7

Purchased a Roku TV in June 2020 and having the same issue.  Have there been any resolutions to the issue? 

0 Kudos
tmeekins
Level 8

I found a fix for my TV. I don't remember the name of the setting, but there's a setting that will make the Roku/tv resume from suspend instead of powering off completely. Kind of like when you close the lid of a laptop. This option keeps the wifi connection when I "power-off".

Hijinx
Level 7

It started slow now I have to do this with my Roku TV every single time i turn it on. It's very annoying having to wait for my TV to do something it should automatically do every time without issue. Smart TV? If it's so smart why do I have to tell it how and what to do all the time... Dumbest TV ever.

0 Kudos