Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

I did a factory reset. TV was already on the update when I did. The problem went away for about 3 days. Now it’s even worse. Soap opera effect is now turning on IN THE MIDDLE OF SHOWS and requires a restart to fix. 

0 Kudos
GoLeafsGo

I have a 65R613 for about 10 days. Day one it has the soap opera effect issue. Was able to do factory reset to get rid of it until today. Did multiple factory resets but unable to disable the soap opera effect. Smiley Sad Will return this TV if no solution soon.

Iama_dragon
Channel Surfer

It’s not the best fix, but factory reset and not updating will fix it. Obviously this limits major use and not acceptable, but it’s something. 

0 Kudos
Pintweaks
Binge Watcher

@Iama_dragon wrote:

It’s not the best fix, but factory reset and not updating will fix it. Obviously this limits major use and not acceptable, but it’s something. 

In my experience, with my 75r617, factory resetting does not revert the software to its original version. I’m at 9.3 before I reset, and 9.3 after I reset. As soon as I change inputs 2 or 3 times, it starts with the soap opera again. 

0 Kudos
almmoe66
Reel Rookie

I must be lucky and I'm definitely grateful that I was able to get rid of the motion smoothing on my 55R613 by unplugging the tv for a minute and also turning off the fast start option. I'm able to switch between Comcast Cable, Netflix, Amazon and also watch movies off of a flash drive without it reverting back. My friend has the 75R615 with the same problem. I'm going to see if this works on his TV. 

0 Kudos
CDizzle
Reel Rookie

TCL 65 inch six series and I just started having the exact same problem everybody else does. This needs to get fixed ASAP or I need to go get a Samsung lol!

0 Kudos
Guy3
Channel Surfer

*edit : I should clarify I am referring to 55 inch model r615

Haven't had any issues with it since I turned off fast start and it seems to have solved the issue for some.

When trouble shooting the issue, be sure you guys reset the tv back to factory settings and afterwards double check that fast start is off. It's easy to go in and get carried away with adjusting a bunch of settings but that will make it harder to retrace your steps. 

It's a fantastic tv, hope you all get to enjoy it to your liking.

0 Kudos
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

I'm on the 65 615. After resetting to factory settings, turning off fast start, and then correcting the picture settings, the TV still reverts back to the default picture settings with soap opera effect every time it is turned on.

0 Kudos
Guy3
Channel Surfer

What do you do when you say 'correcting picture settings' ?

0 Kudos
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

I first set the preset to movie then adjust all the settings to numbers I gathered when I first set up this TV with a colorimeter. I then go into the Roku app to disable noise reduction, set the proper gamma of 2.4, and adjust the balance of the "warm" preset and the CMS. I would say that adjusting these settings are all essential for this TV and the picture mode it now defaults to when on is objectively way off base as most TVs are.

0 Kudos