Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowman77
Reel Rookie

Re: My smoothing went away after the last update and returned new update fixed it

@Pintweaks wrote:

This was an ongoing issue for me for months, but since upgrading to 9.4.0.4190, it hasn’t happened on my TV (knock on wood), and I’ve been switching inputs quite often. I’m a little baffled and saddened to see that it’s still happening with so many others. 
If it does happen again, I’ll be sure to post about it here. 

Same here, fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

Re: My smoothing went away after the last update and returned new update fixed it

I pretty sure even after the 9.4.0 4200-30 build the action smoothing is still getting glitched, but i could be wrong.

Unless Dish suddenly hasmutliple channels that start converting old content to 60fps and or new stuff and commercial are being record in 60fps said channels

But i want to say it did fix the HDMI handshake issue that cause the screen to flicker and scramble for second

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

Re: ingRe: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

I dont know

@120inna55 wrote:

@tsunami231 wrote:

...Seriously I am system restarting/ pull power and hold power button down 3~4 times week since the stupid 9.4.0...

@tsunami231 what makes you choose pulling power plug option as opposed to the system restart?  Does one method work better for you?

Just saw this now

I don t know if there is diffrence  it just I been doing that or system restart and some times niether do anything.

Last thing I gona start to is "factory reseting" my tv multiple times a week, people claim the last update 9.4.0 4200-30  fix it for them I still think it random happen

0 Kudos
AsnkBise

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

Finally figured out when it's getting enabled for me! I have a TCL 65r615 and if I set the HDR/Dolby picture mode setting to anything above Dark, action smoothing is being enabled. I can adjust the regular brightness just fine with no issues. I've noticed that if you play around with the picture mode setting too much it will get kinda stuck with action smoothing on, even though picture mode brightness is changing. You can back out of what you are watching, reopen it and open the setting menu, then see the settings aren't where you last left them. You can readjust picture mode to dark again and action smoothing will be turned off (again) and the setting should stick unless you play around with them again.

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

I have Actionsmoothing turned "OFF" on ALL inputs and ALL setting including on HDR settings, and it still randomly get stuck on despite it set to off everywhere. I am also convinced when it get glitched "off" is really "low"

Only input that dont have actionsmoothing "off" is Dish (arc) which dont out put HDR in anyway.

All i know is this this first set of tcl or well "roku" tv I bought and I will never buy anything roku again unless tv manufacturer take control of the "tv" updates none this roku pushing untest  updates that break multiple brands of tv accross mutiple models.

0 Kudos
Bodhidan
Channel Surfer

I went to the factory reset menu and chose the picture setting reset, not the full factory reset. Everything returned to normal and has stayed that way so far. It was a couple of button presses and I was good to go. I'm surprised I haven't seen more people recommend this solution.

120inna55
Binge Watcher

@Bodhidan wrote:

I went to the factory reset menu and chose the picture setting reset, not the full factory reset. Everything returned to normal and has stayed that way so far. It was a couple of button presses and I was good to go. I'm surprised I haven't seen more people recommend this solution.

Because it doesn't work for everyone.  It may not even work for you next time.

0 Kudos
Bodhidan
Channel Surfer

@120inna55 wrote:

@Bodhidan wrote:

Fair enough but I haven't seen this picture reset option being advised at all. Mostly I see the full factory reset and unplugging it for a day.

GrillMouster
Reel Rookie

It has been suggested, but in every case the fix was only temporary. I tried it, but the problem returned days later. A full factory is the only thing that fixed it until the next firmware update. It kept going like that until 9.4.0. 

0 Kudos
120inna55
Binge Watcher

@Bodhidan wrote:

@120inna55 wrote:

@Bodhidan wrote:

Fair enough but I haven't seen this picture reset option being advised at all. Mostly I see the full factory reset and unplugging it for a day.

Another, much more convenient alternative to the factory reset is the system restart which preserves all settings.  settings-->system-->power-->system restart.  Again, none of these options seem to be permanent.  I haven't had the issue return for several weeks now, but I don't use any of the streaming apps (I have a SHIELD TV android box).