Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
120inna55
Binge Watcher

Re: ingRe: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

@tsunami231 wrote:

...Seriously I am system restarting/ pull power and hold power button down 3~4 times week since the stupid 9.4.0...

@tsunami231 what makes you choose pulling power plug option as opposed to the system restart?  Does one method work better for you?

0 Kudos
Legion
Channel Surfer

There is a new build that was released recently. Build 4200-30

Don't know if that changes anything.

0 Kudos
Bodhidan
Channel Surfer

When you choose factory reset you now have the option for full reset or just picture and sound. Resetting just picture and sound fixed the issue. I will repost when/if it comes back.

0 Kudos
CDizzle
Reel Rookie

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

Still a problem. Have advised all family, friends, and clients to avoid TCL TVs. Seriously disappointing and clearly just a software bug. Should be an easy fix. Time to go Samsung!

0 Kudos
120inna55
Binge Watcher

@Bodhidan wrote:

When you choose factory reset you now have the option for full reset or just picture and sound. Resetting just picture and sound fixed the issue. I will repost when/if it comes back.

That's been an option for a while.  It didn't help my issue.

0 Kudos
Bodhidan
Channel Surfer

@120inna55 

That's been an option for a while.  It didn't help my issue.

I wasn't aware it existed. Its funny, nothing else people have posted had helped and I hadn't see the only Video/Audio option ever mentioned. Thankfully it worked in my case and only took a second.

Jegyed1
Channel Surfer

My smoothing went away after the last update and returned new update fixed it

I was pretty relieved when the last update fixed my smoothing issues and then a few days ago it returned. I manually ( once again) searched for updates and one was available. After the download the smoothing issue went away. Seems like TCL or Roku are getting a handle on it. One can hope. 

0 Kudos
Grsig
Channel Surfer

Re: My smoothing went away after the last update and returned new update fixed it

Nope. Can confirm that motion smoothing effect is still present on all streaming apps after the update.

sb22jones

Re: My smoothing went away after the last update and returned new update fixed it

This whole thing is just crazy... is this actually a software or hardware problem? My warranty runs out in three weeks...Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Pintweaks
Binge Watcher

This was an ongoing issue for me for months, but since upgrading to 9.4.0.4190, it hasn’t happened on my TV (knock on wood), and I’ve been switching inputs quite often. I’m a little baffled and saddened to see that it’s still happening with so many others. 
If it does happen again, I’ll be sure to post about it here.