Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jegyed1
Channel Surfer

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

Same exact issue. Bought my TLC at Costco and I believe it can still go back. Which it is going to unless they fix the software update issue. 

0 Kudos
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

I feel like it’s been months now with no updates on this situation whatsoever. I’d expect to be taking the TV back.

0 Kudos
GunnerWRX
Channel Surfer

Same issue with a 65R615 with software version 9.3.0 build 4194-30.

Motion interpolation will be on despite all the related settings are off.  Re-starting the TV through settings -> power -> re-start will get the TV back to normal until the next time I turn the TV off, then on again.

When the TV is stuck with motion interpolation, the TV's brightness is also higher than my settings. 

I can easily tell by looking at the brightness of a static image, without playing any content.  If it is brighter than normal, I know I will see the motion interpolation issue when I play any content.

Jegyed1
Channel Surfer

Well must checked and to late, returns are now only 90 days for TV's. So I guess I will pursue  a warranty claim or replacement. 

0 Kudos
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

If this issue isn’t resolved by time Roku OS 9.4 is released, I’m going to reach out to Best Buy’s Geek Squad and see what can be done in getting a replacement television with the extended warranty I paid for.

This will mark the first and last time I purchase a TCL or Roku product. 

0 Kudos
carlosbubba
Channel Surfer

I'm having the exact same issue that GunnerWRX described. I also have a 65R615. The only way I've been able to fix it is by factory resetting and not connecting the TV to Wifi. I use an Nvidia Shield so I don't need the TV apps, but I shouldn't have to make a smart TV "dumb" so it will work properly. Very disappointed with Roku TV software.

GunnerWRX
Channel Surfer

@carlosbubba , did a factory reset roll back from 9.3.0 to the factory software?  If so, I will also do a factory reset and disconnect the internet.

This TV has been great until this issue.

0 Kudos
Legion
Channel Surfer

Also to mention when you don't connect to the internet with the tv you cannot change any advanced picture settings.

0 Kudos
carlosbubba
Channel Surfer

@GunnerWRX It's actually still 9.3.0 per the Settings. I'm not sure why it works, but it has so far.

0 Kudos
PieMan
Binge Watcher

@GunnerWRX wrote:

@carlosbubba , did a factory reset roll back from 9.3.0 to the factory software?  If so, I will also do a factory reset and disconnect the internet.

This TV has been great until this issue.

I did a full factory reset on my 615 about a month ago and knock on wood the issue has not returned.

0 Kudos