Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jegyed1
Channel Surfer

Update available but auto updated did not find it. Manually asked it to.

I checked and my tv still had not updated, and it said it checked, so I manually asked it to look for an update and the software came back as one update available , so I just did it. 

Motion smoothing is confirmed off. Now I just need to figure out my settings. I have a 55 inch. 

Thank you to everyone on this thread. I had started looking for a new TV.

0 Kudos
Xterrence

Re: Update available but auto updated did not find it. Manually asked it to.

Now i have motion smoothing issues on all input and app regardless of settings and i didn't before.

0 Kudos
Jackzin
Reel Rookie

I got the 9.4 update and it seems to have fixed the soap opera effect. 

however, now if I switch quickly between the Xbox one x input and the new google tv chromecast the signal seems to drop and the screen keeps blinking whenever I’m on either input rendering them useless. I have to do a system restart to fix it, and when I do it seems to restart 3-4 times before I can use the tv. 

if I only use one input there’s no issue at all. Anyone else have a similar experience?  Not sure if this is related to the update or not. 

Grsig
Channel Surfer

The update has actually made it worse for me. It used to only happen occasionally, but now it's all the time on all inputs and streaming channels. Not even system restart fixes it.

0 Kudos
rickeames
Streaming Star

Update fixed motion smoothing, but have random reboots

So I am happy that the motion smoothing went away.  Yes!  However, in the past two days I have had my system randomly just shut off while watching a show and last night while watching the Disney+ channel, my volume randomly updated itself (the icon came up and everything). So, either my house is haunted, or there is an issue that needs to be addressed.

0 Kudos
PieMan
Binge Watcher

@Jackzin wrote:

I got the 9.4 update and it seems to have fixed the soap opera effect. 

however, now if I switch quickly between the Xbox one x input and the new google tv chromecast the signal seems to drop and the screen keeps blinking whenever I’m on either input rendering them useless. I have to do a system restart to fix it, and when I do it seems to restart 3-4 times before I can use the tv. 

if I only use one input there’s no issue at all. Anyone else have a similar experience?  Not sure if this is related to the update or not. 

I’m having the same issue with the recent update as well. Someone on Reddit posted the temporary fix which is  to only have 1 hdmi wire connected to the tv at a time. I tested it while the tv was flashing black screens by pulling the hdmi wire of the device that was not on and the issue instantly stopped. I’ve had my tcl tv for 10 months now but between the motion issue and this hdmi issue I’m really starting to regret the purchase despite the picture to price value. 

0 Kudos
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

Welp, on 9.4 and the issue has returned again…

0 Kudos
Jackzin
Reel Rookie

The issue is definitely with the google tv and the tcl. I turned the google tv and it started to flash again. Turned off the google tv and issue stopped immediately.  

happened the one time that way.   But will happen when Xbox is on and I turn in the google tv

0 Kudos
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

Oh I’m speaking to the soap opera effect still. Appears on all inputs until a restart. 

andmade
Reel Rookie

This issue with always on motion smoothing and messed up color settings showed up on my tv today. I looked and I’m on 9.4, so I guess whatever fix they released messed up people with no issues. 

After a restart, though, the issue disappeared and it looks good now. Hopefully it stays gone.