Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benmcclen
Channel Surfer

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

On the home screen, in the same block of space where your channel/apps are located are your available inputs either with their original HDMI numbers or labels that you have assigned the inputs.  They are (usually) at the very beginning of the list.  Select the input in the same way you would select an app.

For me, this prevents the (can't-turn-it-off-without-unplugging) soap opera effect from being activated.

0 Kudos
jarredduq
Channel Surfer

Ironically, I had to get an external Roku Ultra connected to my receiver, along with my SageTV box, and NVidia Shield.

It was the only way I could avoid switching inputs and avoid the Soap Opera Effect returning.  The built-in Roku has become worthless LOL.

0 Kudos
mctrn
Binge Watcher

It is insane that this has not been addressed. I am having to reboot the TV every time I want to watch something

0 Kudos
retro
Binge Watcher

I started this thread more than 18 months ago. There’s over 300 replies. 

TCL and Roku have done NOTHING to fix the problem. I’m never buying another product from either company again.  I can’t wait to unload this TV and buy something else.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@retro

Thanks for the post.

This thread was originally opened for an OS that is no longer up to date, can you please provide us the following information about the current issue:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grsig
Channel Surfer

Wow, almost 2 years and roku has not fixed the problem, motion smoothing still activates at the maximum level when using any streaming app on the tv. Dozens and dozens of posts explaining the problem in this topic, and all they can do is pretend they don't have enough information. Will be avoiding any smart device with a roku os like the plague in the future.

0 Kudos
Maxime64
Binge Watcher

Hey guys ! I found a solution for this problem 🙂 I order the fire TV stick 4k MAX. With the 4K MAX it is possible to disable HDR permanently so no more problems. I'm using this for the last 2 months and 0 problem.

Yes there's is no HDR but.. the image is more bright in 4k and the dark aspects is nearly the same. For my this is the solution.

If you want to do same only fire TV 4k max is showing the option to disable HDR content. 

0 Kudos
DigitalFirefly
Channel Surfer

I'm still having this issue, I wish they would fix this already.

0 Kudos