Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsunami231
Roku Guru

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

sigh the new update brought this issue back, It been months since I had issues, now  it back, atlest this time "system restart" seem to fix it. Change my tv to ps5 via my dish remote cause CEC was buggin month back so disabled it, finished playing and went back to dish change input again via my dish remote and motion smoothing was on. yet the menu said it was off.

I have 1 touch CEC turned off and I use my Dish remote to change my inputs months , cause tcl tv "smart" remote  lack the ability to change input with out me having to go to "home" page which i find  inconvenient. and CEC function part issue and I find even more strange the "change input" menu  is only access able via use my dish remote to change inputs. tv remote has no such "input" button

Just another Roku OS update to tv that seem to BREAK things. 10.0 is just as bad as the others. Motion smoothing is one thing I can not stand and it purposely turned off on ALL inputs and all presets. and when happen  tv says it off yet obviously on.

I am just glad the "system restart" fixes it , last time it was happening I literally had to pull the plug on tv for 5 minutes to fix it.

I will never buy TV that roku based cause whole BS the Roku OS is breaking tv functions. and it does across multiple brands.

I seriously dont get why manfacture let "roku" push update to there tv when obivious  they not checking to for bug and each and ever update seem to break functions of the tv. accross multi brands

First it was Gamemode bugging out and not working, then it broke pictures presets ( these 2 could be fixed with system resets),  then it HDMI handshake issue causing the screen to black out if more then 1 hdmi was connected with active feed( this had be fixed with update that took 2 months to fix), then it had this Motion smoothing getting bugged. which was FIXED and now it bugging out again.

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

God **bleep** it I went into Home to check if there update  cause issue with gamemode too that was fixed with Update that isnt pushed to my tv yet.

went back to dish input with TCL remote manual threw  home page. and yet again motion smoothing was on yet "off" in menu and I had to system restart tv again.

0 Kudos
Swhit117

My motion smoothing also looks to have returned for streaming with the last update, and this time the system reset isn’t fixing it. I also did a factory reset on picture settings to no avail. 

This is pretty disappointing, I’ve been happy with the tv for over a year now but this is unwatchable. Anyone else have a suggested fix?

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

yah according to Roku tech (phone) no such issue exists despite all the people on forms complain about it

Sadly this update also brought back gamemode bug for when it dont even active, I will never buy TV running roku os again and I will never reccomend roku to anyone.

Yet again the tv is useless to less i NEVER change inputs. it probably take then another 2 month to fix this just rebrake it all again with next updates

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We are currently aware of the issue and are currently investigating. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to notify the Community and update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grsig
Channel Surfer

Over a year and still not fixed. Thank God tcl is making Google tvs now. Next tv I buy I won't be saddled with this roku garbage.

turbomission
Channel Surfer

This motion smoothing glitch is annoying, but I've only had it pop up a few times, and I haven't had it for several months now. My big reason for not buying another Roku TV is the inferior chipsets/RAM they use in their TV's, even their higher-end TV.

Before buying my 75" 6-series Roku TV for our living room, I had a Roku Ultra box I use with my projector in the home theater. I was hoping for a similar experience, but navigating the interface on my Roku TV is painful compared to the Ultra. It's slow, and some channels take a long time to load and sometimes simple commands like changing the volume takes a few seconds to register while the TV thinks about it.

I later came across a graph showing the hardware in the various Roku devices, and just as I suspected the processors and RAM and inferior compared to my Ultra.

It's pretty annoying that my $1500 Roku TV is a slug compared to my $100 Roku box. How stupid will it be to have a Roku box hooked up to my Roku TV? The whole point of buying a Roku TV was to not have to have a separate box. I guess I'll stay away from TCL in the future as long as they keep crippling their Roku TV's to save $5 on chips.

0 Kudos
Benmcclen
Channel Surfer

I've had my TCL P615 for two years with none of these problems until about 3 weeks ago.  If I use any means besides the home screen to switch inputs, the permanent soap opera effect is enabled and I have to unplug the tv to reset.  😞

0 Kudos
turbomission
Channel Surfer

How do you switch inputs without using the home screen?                   

I didn't even realize there were other ways.

0 Kudos
Pintweaks
Binge Watcher

The way I keep the problem at bay by not switching inputs is to input everything into my Yamaha receiver, so I just have the one HDMI cable going to my TCL. 

I have my Google Chromecast, Xbox Series X, PS4, and Nintendo Switch all going through the Yamaha. This is the only way I’ve figured out how to solve this problem that will apparently never be fixed by Roku or TCL. 

0 Kudos