Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dargis49
Streaming Star

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

Just do a system reset. It fixes for a while. Factory reset is overdoing it. 

0 Kudos
jarredduq
Channel Surfer

Hoping 9.4 update fixes it, which we should be getting soon.  

My standalone Rokus received the 9.4 update last week, but I know it takes some time for TCL to certify it before they release it.

0 Kudos
carlosbubba
Channel Surfer

@Dargis49 

System reset fixes it until you press the power button. Then when I turn it back on the motion smoothing is back. I don't know about you but I don't leave my TV on 24/7.

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

You must have it worse than most. My system reset usually lasts between a week and a month. Motion smoothing doesn't come back on after I turn my TV off then on. 

Do you have Fast TV Start set on or off?

0 Kudos
marcusgibbon
Binge Watcher

Send it back. They need to learn that we will not tolerate dog **bleep** products and even worse ' customer service' !  

Dargis49
Streaming Star

Wish I could send mine back. I've been waiting a month and a half, maybe two months, for TCL to respond to my warranty claim

rickeames
Streaming Star

Even with a reboot from the system menu, I can’t get it to stop for long. I’m starting to suspect it is tied to watching something in 4K then going back to a non-4K source where it happens. I watched a Netflix 4K video and came back and lo and behold it was motion smoothing city on my Xfinity box content. Happened earlier in the day when I switched to AppleTV to watch HBO Max and came back. I wonder if that might be a connection?

0 Kudos
nayners

I have the same issue. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

@rickeames Do you own a Apple TV 4K or the Apple TV HD (or an older model)?

If you’re playing HBO Max on the Apple TV 4K, the box is still pushing out a 4K signal to the television as its using the A10X chip to upscale HBO Max.

0 Kudos
rickeames
Streaming Star

The 4K one. 

0 Kudos