Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlosbubba
Channel Surfer

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

@PieMan Did you connect the TV to the internet and run updates? And it hasn't returned? Just curious.

0 Kudos
PieMan
Binge Watcher

@carlosbubba wrote:

@PieMan Did you connect the TV to the internet and run updates? And it hasn't returned? Just curious.

It is connected to internet but I have not requested any updates manually. I am not sure if anything updated automatically. I change inputs and shut off the tv regularly and even had a brief power outage and the issue has not returned. It took pics of my settings and was a bit of a pain to have to set everything back up but the time was well worth getting the picture back to normal. I want to point out I previously did a restart and picture setting reset as others suggested which did work but only temporarily. The full factory reset seems to have done the trick.

0 Kudos
Jegyed1
Channel Surfer

It would be really appreciated if you could let us know what software version you currently have. Home button, scroll down to settings, then under system, go to about ( right arrow) and then again to the right and that information displays.  I have software version 9.3.0 build 4194-30. 

I noticed that my TV checks for a software update once per day, with no option of turning that off.  Found that under the About menu dropdown.

I am wondering if the factory reset has you on older software or if the reset and the auto update to the most recent version worked. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
PieMan
Binge Watcher

@Jegyed1 wrote:

It would be really appreciated if you could let us know what software version you currently have. Home button, scroll down to settings, then under system, go to about ( right arrow) and then again to the right and that information displays.  I have software version 9.3.0 build 4194-30. 

I noticed that my TV checks for a software update once per day, with no option of turning that off.  Found that under the About menu dropdown.

I am wondering if the factory reset has you on older software or if the reset and the auto update to the most recent version worked. 

Thank you

I checked and I am on the same 9.3.0 build 4194-30

0 Kudos
Jegyed1
Channel Surfer

Thanks, sounds like reverting to factory settings and then getting the most recent update works. Sometimes the incremental updates produce unforeseen bugs. I will give it a try. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

If you haven't already, please provide us with the following information: 
-brand Roku TV and model number
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-is there a specific title or content that this is happening with?
-can you provide steps on what you are doing when you see this issue?
-please provide a tracker ID when this issue occurs (A tracker ID can be generated by pressing the Home button 5x, followed by the Back button 5x when you see the issue occurs)

Once we have this information, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
marcusgibbon
Binge Watcher

You have been saying that for months - when will they finish " looking into it" ? And actually fix this? You keep asking for the same old thing, yet giving no feedback on what we REALLY care about- a fix!!! 

carlosbubba
Channel Surfer

I've reconnected my 65R615 to the Wifi and let it update all channels (it has been disconnected since factory reset). Will post an update if the issue returns.

Alec1
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

This will be my last message on this forum post. After this I will be contacting technology journalists and outlets regarding the fact that this issue has gone unresolved for months with no explanation. I will also be pursuing appropriate legal opportunities to rectify this situation and compensate me for this problem.

Roku TV and model: TCL Roku TV 7120X, Model 55R615

Serial Number: YS00RM427453

Device ID: FV283R427453

Software version: 9.3.0 build 4194-30

This occurs on all channels, in all apps, across all inputs.

Steps I take confirm all action smoothing is off and natural cinema is on, yet clearly action smoothing is still present in the content. 

Your information for how to generate a tracker ID is incorrect and does not work. Pressing Home 5x then back 5x just leaves me on the home screen. 

marcusgibbon
Binge Watcher

I am with you Alec. I have already informed people in avs forum (us) and av forum (uk) - sources of truth for 100,000s of people. I will also reach out to Reddit, CNET, RGratings and best buy