Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

Also having this issue, seemed to have just started over the last few days on a 65" 615 that is approx 2-3 months old... Very frustrating. No setting changes have any impact. 

0 Kudos

Also, just noticed the color temp settings have absolutely no effect on the picture.... Not sure what is happening here.

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

This this will temporarily fix it.

Go to settings, then system, then power, and then system restart. Don't worry, this won't reset your picture settings.

It will still come back in a couple of days so and you'll have to do the process again. And again. And again

Will try in the morning - thanks.  Hope this isn't a long term thing...

0 Kudos
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

Tracker ID: 29-345-710

0 Kudos
PieMan
Binge Watcher

Just wanted to add my 65” 615 started having this issue a couple days ago. As suggested I did the restart but that only helps until you change inputs. I did the setting reset and I believe it was an input change that made the issue return. Finally did a full factory reset and which it’s only been a day the issue has not returned with input change, on/off, or anything.

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

My last contract with TCL has been 9 days now. It's like they don't care about issues with their TVs. They have video showing the issue and all of my TV's information.

0 Kudos
bournesup

Same issue happens to the 2018 65R613. It seems to be related to the latest Ruku OS 9.3 upgrade. It was fine before the upgrade.

Dargis49
Streaming Star

Yeah, it seems to just be happening on the 6 series. They either need to roll out a new update, which would be easy you'd think, or replace everybody's TV, that voices that they have this issue, that is under warranty. Which would be very pricey. But they need to fix it quick. If not I'll never buy TCL again. And I won't recommend them to friends and family like I have been.

0 Kudos
Pintweaks
Binge Watcher

For 3-4 weeks, it didn’t happen. Without a software update to speak of, I successfully switched between sources several times a day without it happening. I can’t explain why. But today it started happening again, switching between the same sources. Until they FINALLY fix this issue, the quickest fix is this:

1. Unplug the TV completely

2. Press the physical power button on the TV 5 times (I do 10 for good measure)

3. Plug in, turn on, switch your settings (mine is Normal, motion off, smoothing off, warm).

4. Wait for it to happen again when you switch sources, rinse, repeat. 

0 Kudos