Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smr1981
Level 7

More Ways to Watch is useless on Roku TV

The More Ways to Watch feature is absolutely useless. Go to settings and turn it off immediately. I start a movie on my Apple TV from the beginning and the message saying “Watch this from the very beginning” with a CTA to click the asterisk button. Clearly this feature is designed to push a needless service in front of people who don’t want it. It disrupts the opening scene to every movie and doesn’t take into account that I’m already watching it from the very beginning, just not through the device and streaming service you want me to. Stop forcing useless **bleep** on people. This feature shouldn’t exist but, if and since it does, this feature should by default be set in the off state. I bought TCL for it’s affordable quality—not because Roku is so amazing.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: More Ways to Watch is useless

those features are not part of Roku but thank you for your mindless rant.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Smr1981
Level 7

@boogernose 

It’s a Roku branded banner that pops up at the bottom of my screen with a CTA to push the asterisk button to “Watch From The Beginning”. You might not know what a CTA is so I’ll explain. It’s a call to action with the hope that a user will perform said action and read your content, watch your video or download something. In the case of Roku, they want viewership on their device and channel. Know your stuff before you try to sound smart.

0 Kudos
Smr1981
Level 7

@boogernose 

A Roku banner on my TCL tv with Roku built in I might add. So yeah, it’s a Roku feature.

0 Kudos
Smr1981
Level 7

@boogernose 

Yeah, not a Roku feature but it’s on their support forum.

8CB2EA6F-70F7-4905-8260-61186CC67D63.png

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

well EXCUUUUUUSE me.

For the record this is a Roku TV exclusive not something

the rest of us deal with or see. It belongs in the Roku TV section.

You should file your big opinions where they belong.

Incidentally. Are you aware of any product that advertises Affordable so-so quality?

0 Kudos
Smr1981
Level 7

@boogernose TCL has been a fantastic value and a really great product. It’s rated really high quality in its category. I have no complaints with it and I’m not very likely to drop $3K on a tv because that’s not what I prioritize. My only issue with the experience is Roku’s quirks and slow operating system—and of course the More Ways To Watch feature which is now turned off so you can go back to watching cartoons and forget this post ever happened.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

"and forget this post ever happened."

I'm OK with that.

It was your manner that got me.

Goodbye

0 Kudos