Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsd61377
Channel Surfer

Missing search feature on TCL Roku Tv

I lost the search feature on my roku tv about 2 weeks ago.  I'm in the US, don't know the model number of my tv. It's a TCL around 3 yrs old.  How do I get this feature back?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
lsd61377
Channel Surfer

Re: Missing search feature on TCL Roku Tv

ok, did an update and the search feature is back.

0 Kudos
Alicat8
Reel Rookie

I’m having exactly the same issue with the same tv. I just disappeared. I tried doing an update but keep getting an error “can’t update software. Please try again later.” I also tried changing the background theme as somebody had suggested that fixed it for them. I did fix it for about 2 seconds but it didn’t stay. I pretty much hate this stupid tv and interface but the only thing I liked about it was the search feature. Now that it’s gone I’m thinking it might be time for a new tv. Really disappointing because this tv is only 3 years old. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Alicat8

Thanks for the post.
Can you please provide us with more information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing when you try to check for an update

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lsd61377
Channel Surfer

I fixed it.  I ran a manual update and it restored the search feature.

0 Kudos
lsd61377
Channel Surfer

I fixed the issue by doing a manual update.

0 Kudos
Alicat8
Reel Rookie

I never was able to do the system update. I got error 004. But I did fix it finally by logging out and back into my wifi network. 

0 Kudos
TrashPanda
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to search channels

I was able to search fine before on my roku express (I’ve lived in Las Vegas Nv this whole time never moved) and now it’s just gone. What Else could the issue be?

0 Kudos
Jamual

I just bought the tv and I see the search feature, prime video and hbo max and Hulu can someone help me with this problem please 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Jamual

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

For clarification, do you mean you don't see the search feature, Prime Video, HBO Max, and Hulu on your newly purchased Roku TV? If so, could you tell us in what region you are currently located? Please be advised that the search feature and channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels/features may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos