cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_I
Level 12

Re: Missing Features - Why I canceled my Soundbar Order

@WhiteDragon22 wrote:

Yes, my first modem was 600 baud, I remember waiting an hour just to load a BBS, so yes I am well aware of how far speeds have come. However, the amount of data used has also greatly increased. Twenty years ago no one could believe you would ever need a 1 gig hard drive, and nowadays those are useless. Wifi technology is incapable of running true duplex this is just a fact. This means that it can never be as fast as a wired connection. HDMI and ethernet/wifi are completely different technologies so your comment about HDMI is irrelevant to this conversation. I am a network engineer so believe me when I tell you business will always use ethernet for their critical system, as it will always be faster, more secure, and more reliable than wifi. Now if you want to use wifi and it works for you great! No one is saying you need to stop using it, but if Roku could add an ethernet port alongside the wifi as they do on the Ultra it would not affect you any at all but give those of us who hardwire their entertainment systems a much-needed option.

And I would also add to that- the processor speeds are faster also.  And there's a 1 terabyte hard drive today. Those are only good for storage. And you are probably aware as a network engineer that there's no connections on many devices for hardwire connections. . Why? because most devices today are wireless and wired technologies are outdated. And many more businesses are converting to wireless technologies today. 

0 Kudos
rowkoo1234
Level 9

@C_I wrote:
And I would also add to that- the processor speeds are faster also.  And there's a 1 terabyte hard drive today. Those are only good for storage. And you are probably aware as a network engineer that there's no connections on many devices for hardwire connections. . Why? because most devices today are wireless and wired technologies are outdated. And many more businesses are converting to wireless technologies today. 

These are all straw man arguments. You are repeatedly off topic and arguing for argument's sake. This discussion serves no further purpose.

0 Kudos
junkboxx
Level 9

Rowkoo1234, my exact point a few days ago. It's all about drama. Thanks for almost saying the same thing. The user does not like what we have to tell them. If said user thinks Roku does not need to add ethernet back into it's product, a short statement would've done better. Nobody needed a 70 minute dissertation, then the drama.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As a reminder of the Community Guidelines in place:

Post topics only in the appropriate board or section. Avoid discussing topics unrelated to Roku products or services. Off-topic posts may be removed or deleted.

I will be closing out this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator