Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeng
Level 8

Re: Smart Sound Bar

No ethernet port is a serious omission.  Ugh! contemplating returning it, but not sure how with this situation going on...

mikeng
Level 8

Re: Why I canceled my Soundbar Order

@cory_booth Have you looked into Harmony remote.  I got the Harmony Home Hub on sale and loved it.  It was surprising versatile.  I can program most units, receiver, tv, roku, and amazon fire tv with it.  It has it quirks at times, but works well 99% of the time.  The more expensive remote must work better.  Either way, I like the Harmony remote.  I don't have to jumble multiple remotes anymore.

0 Kudos
Ruffrox
Level 7

Ordered the smartsoundbar last week but just found out it does not have Ethernet port. Order shipped yesterday but I’m canceling my order. If it gets to the house I’m sending it back without opening the box. I was so excited about this product but can’t believe this very simple feature was omitted. Very disappointed Roku. 

junkboxx
Level 9

This exact conversation I had with another techie. Beta video tapes vs VHS, MP3 over wave audio or flac, now the discussion goes to ethernet or slower wifi. Seems the companies push on us the lower form of what we really want. Time to boycott the lower or inferior products.

Jaj2011
Level 7

I'm glad i confirmed before ordering, but no Ethernet, no sale for me.

Really disappointed they getting away from ethernet in most of their devices.  It can't cost that  much to include, and  no matter what wifi standard you use nothing is as reliable as a hardwire.

rowkoo1234
Level 9

You absolutely need to add an ethernet port. I was at the store ready to pick up a Sound Bar and that port being missing stopped me in my tracks. I have so much stuff on my wireless net now that they're all interfering with each other. Anything that stays in a fixed place needs to stay the heck off my wireless net! Please let me know once you've added it so that I can buy it immediately.

0 Kudos
junkboxx
Level 9

Here's another thought...

2g or 5g speeds. Roku's are only 2g speeds, never seeing the 5g Wifi.

Another point to get ethernet/wired.

Who needs to deal with the choice?  All Roku devices SHOULD be wired. Makes perfect sense.

eliteblade11
Level 7

I agree I have wireless speakers Roku they keep dropping connection prefer hard wired that is better then wireless keep trying Roku I expect the best.

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

Why do you need an ethernet port when most things today are connected though WiFi and through an HDMI cable connected to an HDMI port which all Roku devices have. 

0 Kudos
mikeng
Level 8

Same reason Neo hooks into the Matrix with a hard wire. Would you go wireless if your life depends on it?

0 Kudos