Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fakirinho

Missing Bluetooth channel for Roku Streambar

I've recently bought Roku Streambar with intention to use it as a Bluetooth speaker for my PC and mobile. Support pages (https://support.roku.com/article/360011612733 & https://support.roku.com/article/360011519254) that in simple words and steps explain how to pair and connect a Bluetooth device and then how to listen to the Bluetooth device.

However, in the end "Bluetooth channel" should start automatically (or one is supposed to do this manually) but this is not happening. I've started to search for that channel to install it, but it's not available. There are some questions asked here in Roku Community about it, but threads are ~1 year old.

How can I start Bluetooth channel?

Labels (1)
11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Missing Bluetooth channel for Roku Streambar

@fakirinho

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Have you already activated and setup your Streambar? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FakirinhoNG
Reel Rookie

Hi, it's me again, just using different account. I needed to check my theory about Bluetooth and for this I had to set up completely new account. My findings are following:

I'm honestly disappointed with Roku. It looks purely as a regional restrictions for countries where Roku isn't officially available. I'd understand some paid/commercial channels, voice search, but Bluetooth?! Why, Roku?! Is Poland not worth a Bluetooth according to Roku?!

@RokuDanny-R, to answer your question directly: I had my Roku fully configured and operational, was able to listen to something on Spotify or TuneIn. Next thing for me was to pair Bluetooth device. This was successful and pop-up with question "do you want to switch to Bluetooth channel?" was presented. After choosing answer to open Bluetooth channel I was moved back to home screen (or top/root of settings menu, don't remember now).

But I've stumbled across one thread somewhere on the web where someone suggested that lack of some features might be a result of regional restrictions imposed by Roku. Didn't believe it could be the case with Bluetooth channel, but I had no other ideas for this... So I've setup a VPN connection, chose to "be" in NYC (instead of Poland) and performed factory reset of my Streambar. After setting it up again "from" NYC (including creation of this account) I had my Bluetooth channel available. Isn't it silly? Bluetooth channel available only for selected countries and no info about it anywhere?

I've then tried to factory reset my device once again, setting it up with my original account (the OP of this thread) while still using VPN and pretending to still "be" in NYC and I have ended up withy old channels - no Bluetooth channel was available. So it is a matter of assigning your account to the proper (better?) country, which deserves Bluetooth support and which I think you can do only by performing account creation from the proper country...

This is shameful. We're in 21st century, Roku, really.

Rubber-Soul
Reel Rookie

I bougth a new Roku Ultra 2020 and I could not find the Bluetooth channel anywhere, I'm not living in the U.S and is dissapointing that the Bluetooth channel is not available in other countries due regional restricctions.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

I live the US, and the Bluetooth tile on the home screen is pretty much useless, all it does is direct you to settings> remote & devices> pair bluetooth device> follow prompts. 

I own many different roku devices, the roku ultra has bluetooth tile, so does the roku soundbar & streambar. My roku tv's don't have bluetooth tiles available, but it still has bluetooth at the above spot in the settings. All roku that have bluetooth are only receivers, they will not send audio to bluetooth speakers or headphones. Only receive audio from cellphones and tablets. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Drybloom

I'm having same issue with sound bar. It will not connect to tv using onn tv onn sound bar.  So, is this issue roku software related I've updated my tv still cannot connect to the sound bar but my phone and laptop can connect?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Not wirelessly via bluetooth, no. You will have to wire either hdmi-arc, or optical cable. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I have the Onnsound bar & woofer & a TCL tv with roku it works fine

0 Kudos
G22g22

I have the same issue.
Bluetooth devices are connected, bluetooth channel is not opening.

Bluetooth channel is missing in the channel store.

Bluetooth audio streaming was possible in older firmwares.

Hardware is Roku Streambar 9102EU
Software Version is 10.5.0 revision 4210-95

Sean_18409

I have same issue in south Korea. There is no problem with pairing my laptop and cellphone. After pairing, my streambar asks to launch bluetooth channel, but it doesn’t happen though I clicked ‘YES’. And there is no bluetooth channel in the channel list. 

I fully agree with @FakirinhoNG

I can not understand why this happens. All people around the world are using bluetooth always. And pairing is not a problem. Just bluetooth channel is blocked. 

Roku must answer about why it happened, what they will do and when they fix it. This thread started several months ago. And I saw similar threads about bluetooth channel disappearing posted several years ago. It’s really disappointing.