Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badtvexperience
Binge Watcher

Menu Guide Issues

It seems like high school kids who just learned how to code decided to play with the menu guide again.

It's bad enough we cannot view days or even hours before the current time like we could with the original menu but now if you scroll right to a later time you cannot get back to the beginning by pressing the return button with the circle arrow above the rewind button. Now we have to keep holding the left navigation button. 

I wish they would just give us the original menu back as an option instead of practicing their little coding skills at the risk of frustrating customers.

I think those who keep making these changes only make them to benefit themselves and figure the rest of us can go to **bleep** since they already got our money. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Menu Guide Issues

What app? Roku has thousands, so it would be helpful to know which app has the issue. Netflix? Hulu? Prime Video? Sling TV? YouTube TV? Fubo? Pub-D-Hub? Tubi? IMDB TV? ESPN? VUDU? Peacock? Frndly.tv? Disney+ ... you get the idea. Which app is the one with the problem?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
badtvexperience
Binge Watcher

DBDukes: I'm not sure if you meant to respond to someone else's post and responded to mines by mistake or you just didn't read my post correctly because I never said anything about an app.

I was referring to the Over The Air TV Menu Guide simply known as the Menu Guide.

But thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

I intended to respond to you. There are many people who post similar questions but fail to mention the app they use. Keep in mind most Roku usage is with apps.

As apps are the most common usage of Roku devices, and as there are several apps that have menu guides, of which I listed only a few, I thought it best to try to find out the context of the question.

Your follow-up indicated that you are using a Roku TV, and not a Roku stick or box. The type of device is often helpful for troubleshooting. You also clarified that your issue is the programming guide for OTA programming. That will be helpful with troubleshooting.

I connect my antenna to my Roku devices through a different method, so I wouldn't be able to assist, now knowing the context. However, other users of the OTA programming guide may be able to help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
badtvexperience
Binge Watcher

Okay, thanks for wanting to help.

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

My OTA menu went to **bleep** too. The 10.0.0 update did it. A later 10.0.0 4166 or 4185 fixed it.

0 Kudos
badtvexperience
Binge Watcher

Once again the menu change caused the Caption to default to "Always On" while watching some of the apps (like Kanopy for example) causing us to have to manually turn it off which is annoying.

I wish Roku would leave well alone. It's like they have a timer for automatic changes that are terribly unnecessary.

I'm sure NO ONE complained about the original menu or anything else that did not need to be changed; Roku just did it because they are the strangest company out there.

Fix the Caption "Always On" issue and have at it with your compulsive changes since there is no stopping your weird fetish.

Where is cancel culture when we need them?

0 Kudos
terf543
Reel Rookie

Yes I remember when I Faced this menu issue in my account it was very tough to handle and manage it on that time I am talking about 2 years ago but now I will help you to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
badtvexperience
Binge Watcher

I'm confused; where's the solution?

0 Kudos