Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Major gaming lag after update

Hi all,

I have had my 65" TCL R625 for about 6 months now with minimal issues. However I update my TV to 9.2.6 today and all of a sudden I am having major input lag with my Xbox One. To clarify, yes "game mode" is on and I toggled it back a few times. Yes I tried a system reset, and after that I even tried a factory reset. I unplugged all of my cables and it still didn't fix anything. I have read the threads from December about this happening to many people, but none of those solutions worked. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if so what can I do... Gaming was flawless and now it is almost nauseating from the motion lagging so much.

114 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Ps4 pro lag

I just bought a 55R625 and hooked up my ps4 pro and have severe lag, I checked all the settings and game mode is on, great internet speed, great hdmi cable and can't figure it out, works fine on every other roku TV I have but laggy as **bleep** on the new 1 can't even play any game online or offline without a delay in the controller time any help would be appreciated THXS 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Ps4 pro lag

Hey man, try completely unplugging your TV, then hold the power button on the back right side of the TV for at least 15 seconds. Then turn everything back on. Also make sure your in settings>TV inputs that the hdmi input you are using it set to HDMI 2.0 instead of auto. I talked to TCL and one of these was the solution that worked for me. Sad to say roku support was absolutely no help on this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Major gaming lag after update

I have same issue I updated today. I tried factory. Reset and now my TV is washed out and still has input lag and ghosting. Was perfect before the update.  You have a fix yet?

Highlighted
Level 8

What worked for me was unplugging the TV and holding the power button on the back for 15 seconds to totally drain power. Turn it back on and it should work. If you still have problems, toggle it back and forth between game mode on and off and that should fix it -  a bit annoying, but ever since the Roku update it seems like game mode just doesn't always toggle on properly. Hopefully this will be addressed in future updates.

Highlighted
Level 7

TCL 55R625 model here, purchased February 2020.  Game mode definitely doesn’t function correctly.  I get game input lag (Nintendo switch) despite the game mode being toggled on.  I reset the input and then toggle game mode back on and then it seems to work.  TCL please address this issue and get the game mode input lag issue resolved!  

Highlighted
Level 9

Yup just updated my new TCL Series 6 and everything was fine until I did that. Now I have to toggle game mode on and off, change inputs and hope it fixes it. Really hope they fix this soon!

Highlighted
Level 8

I did that as well. I've talked with support since I've posted this and the last email said a technician would call me to schedule an appointment to bring parts. Possible the firmware screwed a board or something. One thing I did notice is in the expert settings when HDR kicks in it doesn't show her it shows low power. I downgraded to an earlier version of the app and it shows HDR. The newest app version isn't recognizing HDR and I'm curious if it's just the app or if it's an actual issue where HDR isn't functioning properly. 

Either way I haven't heard from any one by phone yet and for now I just power cycle and switch game mode on and off a bunch untill I can't play for a few hours. It eventually goes back to acting up. 

One thing I noted is my games HDR settings change and I have to go in and change them every time I play. My settings are set to auto (limited) as is the standard Xbox settings. 

Anyways hopefully I get an answer from the tech that's supposed to come. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Did you get it fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem 

0 Kudos