Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venger417
Level 7

Re: Major gaming lag after update

Same issue here but I easily correct it doing this.. I have PS4 pro on hdmi 2. My hdmi 1 port (arc) is plugged into my receiver.. while on my PS4 I have controller lag..if I unplug the HDMI 1 port the lag immediately goes away for me. If I plug hdmi 1 back in..it immediately comes back. Try this  on yours. If u don't have the same setup just unplug all other hdmi hdmi s except the PS4 one and see if it goes away. That will at least help maybe narrow down the problem. Mine worked fine until the June 25 update

0 Kudos
Doctorcool
Level 8

So you’re saying you unplug your receiver?  My hdmi arc goes into my sound bar and I have another hdmi going to a blu ray player. Should I unplug the blu ray hdmi?

0 Kudos
mafridrahim
Level 7

On PS4 go to sound and screen- Audio and use Dolby instead of Linear PCM. Tcl tv auto detect Dolby for sounds. Also enable Dolby on TV too. Hope this will fix for you

0 Kudos
nickrep
Level 9

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, Dolby is what is causing the problem, and Dolby is what I need to be using. Auto detect does not work correctly on my tv, as it does not recognize my sound system.

0 Kudos
mafridrahim
Level 7

Hey, post a video on YouTube about your lag experience and upload link here. I might have a solution for you. But I have to see the video first. I have tried all and came to know my gpu or PSU fails sometimes when I boot my PS4 Pro and about to send it for warranty.

0 Kudos
Facehead
Level 8

I can assure you this issue persists across all tv inputs and connected consoles,  so in this case is clearly not an issue with the console.

The good news is I have found a solution that has resulted in two days straight without an instance of the game mode bug recurring.

I simply went to the main TV settings (from the home screen), "advanced system settings", then "factory reset" (don't select this!), and finally select "reset tv audio/picture settings ". Once this is done,  simply hard reset the tv, and there you have it! Since doing this I haven't seen the issue in two days, whereas before it would pop up every time I would change inputs.

If this doesn't work for you the other method (which works every time for me, but is annoying to do every time you turn on a console or change inputs) involves simply going to "settings", "system", "power", and finally selecting "system restart". This fixed the issue for me without fail, but requires doing this every time you switch to a new input.

I hope this helps, good luck guys!

imeggman
Level 9

This initially worked for me, as it reset the video settings for my PS4 to very minimum settings.  It still shut itself down a time or two, but was consistently working for me.

I actually had support e-mail me back about it, and they recommended performing another system update (just to double check that it's fully updated), unplugging it, and making sure it's plugged into its own outlet.  Mine was only plugged into a splitter with 1 other device, but I've had it (and all the other 2-3 devices) plugged the same way for nearly 2 years now, and it only started giving me problems after the last update.

Whatever the case, this appears to have solved the problem so far.  I haven't had the TV shut down on its own, and I've been able to tinker around with the video settings with no problems.  

Luce32
Level 7

I feel like I dummy. I tried about 4 dozen things before I got to this comment and sure enough, unplugging the tv and plugging it back in fixed the issue. I also unplugged and re-plugged the hdmi. 

0 Kudos
imeggman
Level 9

Just for anyone wondering, this is the exact list of recommendations I received from Roku support when I sent in a ticket about this not long ago, and it appears to have worked:

"Thank you for contacting Roku customer support.

I understand that your Roku tv shuts off intermittently.
This may occur if the Tv is not getting enough power supply. 
Let’s try the below troubleshooting steps to see if it solves your issue. 

1. Go to settings > system > system update > check now.
2. Unplug the power of the Tv from the wall outlet and plug it back in after 15 seconds. 
3. If the tv power is connected to a power strip try connecting to the wall outlet,
4. If possible try a different wall outlets. 
5. Remove the batteries from the remote and check if the issue occurs. 
6. Let us know is the issue occurs on both the TV or if it is happening in a particular tv send us the serial no: go to settings > system > about."

I had already tried updating, but I went ahead and did it again.

I unplugged the TV from the power strip (it was only 1 of 2 items plugged into the strip) and plugged it into its own outlet (after 15 seconds).  I had previously done a factory reset (and a host of other troubleshooting trying to figure it out).  

I played PS4 for a big on min settings with no issues, so I adjusted the settings closer to what I normally use, and the TV has yet to shut down on its own.  

0 Kudos
NoDTMF
Level 7

My 65r613 went back to "laggy" mode even though it was in Sports mode with Game mode on and everything other processing feature off. Unplugging was the only way to recover.

However I was doing testing with HDMI devices that were setting DolbyVision and HDR incorrectly. They were on a different input but I think that caused the TV to get "confused"

for what its worth.....

0 Kudos