Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doctorcool
Level 8

Re: Major gaming lag after update

So you literally have to switch on and off for about a minute?  Are you able to game for 1hr+ correctly without having to do it again?

0 Kudos
csantarlas
Level 8

Yes, once game mode toggles properly you can game with no lag for as long as you keep your TV on your gaming input. You will have to do it again if you turn it off the TV or switch inputs or turn off game mode. No you don't have to do it for a full 60 seconds, that's just usually how long it takes me to get it to work. I do the following: 1) switch to input you have your console hooked up to. 2) toggle game mode on. 3) use controller joystick to move left/right on console home screen. 4) if game mode toggled properly, whatever you have highlighted on the TV screen should react the instant you move your controller joystick. If you sense even a little lag, repeat again until you don't have any lag. 5) alternatively switch to another input and back to your gaming input (game mode should already be toggled on) and then test again. Like I said previously, the goal is to get all of the non-gaming post processing effects to shut off properly because they cause lag inherently, which is why tcl created game mode in the first place. 

0 Kudos
Doctorcool
Level 8

Thank you for the detailed description. I appreciate it because I thought I may have been the only one. I will do this next time I am on. Did you have to change your audio like the other suggested or just game mode for you?

0 Kudos
csantarlas
Level 8

No problem! Audio never did anything for me... Just tediously toggling game mode.

0 Kudos
Facehead
Level 8

Same issue here with Game Mode after the most recent update. I've also noticed some audio desync issues with all streaming services as well. I noticed that not only is game mode unresponsive, but brightness/picture mode, or any other video setting adjustments have absolutely no impact on the picture. 

The game mode toggle method hasnt worked for me, but I have been able to periodically fix the game mode issue by doing a complete restart in the main system settings (simply hitting the power button doesn't help). 

0 Kudos
SteveJaye
Level 8

Does Roku check these forums? There's quite a few of us with the same issues. However I have not seen any lag issues since I switched around my audio settings on the tv.

0 Kudos
NoDTMF
Level 7

2020 65R613 and ps4

Was fine till 2 days ago, now lags badly. I need to read through this forum and tryout the various suggestions.

I can not play CoD due to the lag. Internet connection is solid. I even trued using the control on the USB interface, but I feel it is the TV.

I will report back if something works for me.

0 Kudos
Doctorcool
Level 8

Currently trying the game mode trick. It was working for a couple of days straight for me. Now it seems off again. I won’t be buying another TCL tv after all of this if they can’t get a fix out

0 Kudos
nickrep
Level 9

I am not sure if they check the forum. I called TCL directly and went through hours of troubleshooting before I had to give up because of work related duties. 

Since I did not complete troubleshooting with TCL I am not sure if they will take the report seriously. If someone has the time, I recommend calling and reporting the issue. This will at least put more complaints on the record besides my own. 

0 Kudos
Doctorcool
Level 8

I sent an email now detailing some things. I’ll message back here if there’s anything. 

0 Kudos