melp1209
Channel Surfer

Low volume on rear speakers.

I have a roku TV Model 49S405 ID hardware 7104X sn YN00GA937430 DEVIVE ID 95500G937430 SW 11.5.0 BIILD 4235-30 Parired with a roku smart soundbar Model 9101X. SN YL00AU634035 ID R509A6334035. 4 wirless speakers 2-9040RW and 2-9030X.  Not on the same side of the room. Volume will adjust but max is very low. You have to get up to the speaker to hear it. That is playing with smart soundbar remote with movies selected for sound mode and extra sound mode on music. Any other setting doesn't have any sound. There is no sound when on the roku TV with any setting or channel I have paired and re paired and read all of the help several times.  Hours after hours.  Mel 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Low volume on rear speakers.

@melp1209

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Babyjake

Is there a way to get the same audio out of the rear speakers as the soundbar? How can we increase volume of rear speakers?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Babyjake 

Thanks for the post

Have you tried changing the volume modes to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

For more information about how to troubleshoot audio issues with your Roku Wireless Speakers, visit our Support page here: Fix a sound issue with wireless speakers

Please keep us posted what you find out, and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
melp1209
Channel Surfer

I have said this before but it has been ignored. I have paired 4 roku wireless speakers to my smart soundbar and it worked great.  I disabled the front 2 speakers by unplugging the power cord. Checked the settings from my roku TV and it had a front and rear speaker disabled. It looks like the paring didn't work eventhough the configuration was correct during setup.

I tried paring again after resetting all speakers and not using the front speakers. This improved the rear speakers volume with broadcast suround sound. In fact I had to turn the volume down, because it was louder than the soundbar volume. I think this the problem is with the 2 front wirless speakers are not paring correctly with the smart soundbar. This is the way I'm using the speakers now. It makes the 2 wirless speakers a waste of money until the problem is resolved. 

0 Kudos